Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
I have never seen a Frontier clock and this one just doesn’t look right. The lettering is wrong and so is the rider and horse. Has anyone else ever seen a Frontier clock? Doesn’t it seem strange that it is different? I just took a look at about 50 Frontier items with this logo and they are ALL the same. None looked like this. Be it signs or cans or globes or other promotional items they are consistent. Anyone else have any opinions on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Simplex-...=item2ec75ec224

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Here is a pic of my sign to compare it to.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
And just a warning I have seen a few "aged" Frontier porcelain pump plates have brought a few hundred dollars each recently. Just a heads up that ALL of those are repops. Fantasy pieces really. Frontier never used pump plates. Just decals.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No no no! Not real chris, just " a simplex clock with a frontier logo" most likely a decal.i did a search on frontier clock,and came up with nothing.not to say it never happened,but if it did its rare!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Some phonys are difficult, but that even "looks" like a vinyl decal!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
has had other questionable clocks on his completed listings.. cool

Last edited by advertologist; Tue Apr 09 2013 05:47 PM.

RANDY
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks guys! That's what I thought too but I don't know clocks. There was no way I was going to bid on this one unless someone could prove it was real or I could see it in person. It just looks so wrong! It didn't seem right to me from the minute I saw it.

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
Thanks Randy! I hadn't even thought to look at his completed listings. I just did. No doubt now that this is a total fake! Hope nobody gets burned on it!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If he doesn't get any other bids, its not a bad buy, for a display piece, even though its a fake! You can't buy much for $200??

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
After looking at his completed items some of his clocks say they are restored to a "theme". But not this one! He says nothing about the logo not being real. Just the "clock" is vintage. My brother is a lawyer and I'm half tempted to buy this clock anyway and sue his *****. I'm so tired of this stuff. And on ebay you used to be able to contact bidders and let them know they where bidding on a fake. But now you can't! I used to warn people all the time about fake items. Now I just contact the dealers and tell them I'm on to them. Oldgasers might want to send this guy a message if they think this item is a fake. I just did!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not defending him in any way,but he says" vintage simplex clock with frontier logo" and that's exactly what it is.these guys are getting better at their wording to keep themselves in the clear after they rip someone off.and Kevin,these clocks are a dime a dozen.for 200.00 you can find something decent that lights up.not real,mind you,but cool.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
From the pictures it looks to me like paint flaking, but until someone gets it in there hands will never know.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paint is flaking on the painted part of the face not the decal. Decal is only the small center part of the face.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Yeah I understand the center part, to me it still looks like paint, But I am not defending the clock either. Someone buy it so will know. Did they make clocks ?

R
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
R
I don't know if anyone else contacted this seller but I did! I told him that I knew it was a fake and so did others and that I hoped he gets sued or even jail time someday. Well guess what? He just recently changed his description to "Vintage Simplex Clock with clock face redone to a Frontier Gas Logo theme". I still would have loved to have been able to sue his ***** but at least maybe he's got the message for awhile!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved