Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
TBA Feature Host
OP Offline
TBA Feature Host

As many of you know Firestone Is the focus of my collection. I have always had a strong interest in this company. Harvey Firestone was a very interesting and inteligent man. Countless hours of research on this company have made me realize how important Firestone was to the auto industry. In the early stages of Business, Harvey Firestone faced many financial struggles due to intense research and development. Many of you may see "the mark of quality" slogan with older Firestone items. Harvey Firestone was very focused on quality and delivering value to the customer..."Most Miles Per Dollar". There were a couple of times early in the Companys history where they were on the brink of shutting the doors. Harvey Firestone Was persistent in finding capital for his company as he knew it would succeed. Rims were a very big part of their business. Harvey Firestone and Henry Ford Teamed up to create the dismountable rim for the Model T Era Cars. Once the rim design was in place...guess who got the contract for the tires FIRESTONE! This was milestone for the company and what led them to success. Firestone also got into the accessory business, Selling auto and tire related items. In the early 20's there were so many independent tire companies. Firestone now had the capital to aquire some of these smaller companies. Firestone was successful for a number of reasons. The business grew because Harvey Firestone sold VOLUME! He would constantly give substantial discounts to dealers if they bought large amounts of his tires. Harvey always looked for ways to cut costs in his business. If he could sell a better tire then the competition at a LOWER price...it pretty much sum's it up why this company grew so fast. Quality and price. Harvey was always looking for new ways to improve the tires he produced.

There is a lot detailed infomation I have left out(It would be too much to type- a lot of it is in my head). What I have written involves the early stages of the company. If you can provide more information that would be benefical to this thread please do so. Please share your Firestone related items and It would be much appreciated if Reproduction items are NOT posted in this thread. If anyone has questions on the company be sure to ask. I will do my best to answer them. These TBA of the month postings are not just for pictures. Adding history about the company is a very important part of these threads. I appreciate everyones contributions.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
the mother of all firestone tire signs.. cool

IMG_0495[1].JPG

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thought you might be interested... The Old Motor website just posted some pics of Jules Verne Allen at a Firestone station in Albuquerque.

Last edited by GILMORE; Fri Apr 12 2013 10:11 PM.

Sell me your Gilmore Oil Co. stuff...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here's my Firestone sign. I'd love to hear how to date the specific colors of Firestone advertising.

image.jpg

Anything MICHELIN and early graphic tin signs
TBA Feature Host
OP Offline
TBA Feature Host
The latest orange and blue sign I have seen has been. 1951 most of the dst and sst signs were made in the late 30's to the early 50's

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is my one and only piece , It is double sided with both sides being in wonderful condition. Got it from a ford dealership that had it hanging since new and it came new with Ford mounted in the frame.

phpDoZujtAM.jpg

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
xlnt conditon & quite rare w/ford.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

see me at Mason Dixon Gas, Spring Carlisle M114-115, and Hershey C4E-35.
TBA Feature Host
OP Offline
TBA Feature Host

TBA Feature Host
OP Offline
TBA Feature Host

H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
My Firestone

sunoco 003.JPG

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Firestone--Red/White

red white 002.JPG

Robert

Searching For SunRay DX and Diamond Oil Signs
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A friend on FaceBook posted this the other day. It's Downtown Spokane Washington where her dad worked. I realy liked the fire box and red white and blue letter box. Oh and the big Conoco signs

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

Firestone Gum Dipped.jpg Firestone Sign Mine.jpg Large Firestone Sign.jpg

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved