Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
i had 3 gulf pump plates stolen from me
a month ago here the police did nothing
soo i'm taking this route.

mark

gulf1.jpg gulf2.jpg gulf3.jpg

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ill keep my eyes open around here...People these days..we had a 6 foot pepsi sign stolen within literally 5 minutes when i shut the back door to close up the shop. I went out to load it in the truck and it was gone..I thought it was a joke and someone was playing a trick but it was gone..out $400 like that. I hate people who steal!

Always buying and selling Neon Dealer signs pumps air meters
www.porcelainneonsigns.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That sucks I will keep an eye on craigslist to see if they pop up.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Around here THEY will steal ANY signs that can be seen from the road.All the coke "buttons" disappeared in one summer.They stole one Fry 117 by lifting it over a chain link fence.
I use the "loggerhead home security system"(pictured). He ambushes anything that approaches within 50 yards and so far has been 100 percent effective.
Part chow and part shepherd.Not foolproof, but a fairly good deterrent and all the kids love him.
Dave

buddyonporch.jpg

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Dave,

Let us know if he catches anything, and please supply pictures.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Mark, I'll keep my eyes open here up North. Karma will get them all.

-MAXGAS-
Looking for Independent Gas & Oil, Oilzum,& Early FORD dealership items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
So far he just got after the electric meter reader that wasn't suppose to be in the yard. He was snooping around. My son saw the whole thing and said that he never saw an obese white male move so fast...especially sideways. He walked past the meter and proceeded around the house and met Loggerhead halfway to the back porch. He ran back out the gate;dove in his truck and drove off. Never heard a word about it. The day is coming though. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Catauladave
So far he just got after the electric meter reader that wasn't suppose to be in the yard. He was snooping around. My son saw the whole thing and said that he never saw an obese white male move so fast...especially sideways. He walked past the meter and proceeded around the house and met Loggerhead halfway to the back porch. He ran back out the gate;dove in his truck and drove off. Never heard a word about it. The day is coming though. Dave

LOL!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Mark, I too will keep an eye out. Did they get taken from the antique shop? They should have cameras set up...no?

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
yes they did, they do have cameras but there are a few blind spots
and i checked all the cameras and seen nothing

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
NEWS UPDATE
i have recoveded one of the pump plates it ended up in a antique store in amherst nh just got it back the other day since april it was in a co-op antique store the person renting the spot lives 20 mins from where it was stolen he claims he had nothing to do with it and admits he bought 4 signs at the time and dosent remember what they were i sent him pics measurement and
pics of them on display before they were stolen the police dont even want to help at this time they told me to take him to civil court feeling fustrated any suggestions
mark

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Go up the chain of command.. and talk to your local council representative and mayor to put pressure on the police to look into the matter. You elect those guys to make sure the city/county does it's job so remind them of that fact.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For a $40.00 sign? It surely does not warrant an indepth investigation

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
the only problem is that makes me mad is he admitted to buying 4 signs but cant remember what the other 3 are

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Or he doesn't want to admit he bought all 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved