Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I was lucky to come across a disassembled Bennett 646 in mint rust free condition, except for some dents in the doors. I am looking for replacement parts, however i have noticed that there are two sizes for the top globe lenses, 13.5 inch and 15 inch which will need to be fitted into a metal canteen.
Without looking out of place which is the best size globe lenses to get that suits the width and height of the pump.
Thanking you

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I'll be running the 13.5" version on my tall Bennett 646... the 15inch seems too large for it and they suit visible pumps more than electrics..
you should be able to find pics on google etc. with this pump with a capco version globe on it, and you can get an idea what a 13.5" version looks like.
cheers

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I prefer 15 inch. I own 646s with both sizes so here is a picture to help you decide.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the attached photos Matt. The 15 inch looks more suitable and fits the lines of the pump. I will be getting the 15 inch. Surprising what 1.5 inches makes as the smaller globe doesn't make the pump stand out as much.
Also i have an original Bennett service manual for 540, 600 and 700 series which i will be placing in the classifieds section in a few days.
Thanks Matt

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
What brand you will be restoring the pump to may factor into what size globe you use. Sinclair used allot of these pumps and many of the add glasses only matched globes with 13.5" lenses.

Last edited by wfort39663; Mon Apr 29 2013 06:41 PM.

Bill Fortune
C
OP Offline
C
I will be restoring it to Mobil livery. I will be getting one of the spun metal 15 inch globe bodies with Mobil lens. They are more expensive but i feel that they add more in value to the pump. From what i seen the add glasses are available from numerous vendors.
American bowsers are fairly rare in Australia but no expense will be spared with having the pump restored to its full potential. Here it should be worth 5k to 6k if i was to sell due to its rarity

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved