"A fool and his money............."

Richard

F
F

60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Lots of scammers out there ! Notice all these signs are damaged. I bought many of these repro decorative signs when they came out. I put them on pumps and hung them on the wall. Still have several. It is strange that all mine still look like the day they were made.Not chipped, rusted or dirty.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Is every single one a repo. Some look original to me. I'm new so dont beat me to bad.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Makes ya wonder why some states Waste their tax dollars on public education!

Miken,
Order all the repop catalogs you can get & look at pictures of Repop signs.
DO NOT BUY from Argentina, India & Monet Virgina sellers.

H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I think I know the buyer of one of these signs. I will ask his opinion when I see him.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These people just ***** me off, karma is a bitch!

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
60wayne Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
You always have to mix in some real ones to make the scam look legit.

F
F
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Used-Porcel...-/181134215950?

Seller relisted item and didn't use the words: vintage, original, antique or anything falsely other than the word rare. Which of coarse is a word thrown around quite often on signs/collectibles. All petro is rare I suppose.:)

I give up, I thought reporting and letting seller know: he/she pulled auction. They did or ebay made them maybe, and now its up to double the other price, when it was blatantly in wrong category and claimed old.

You cant win....these buyers do not even need the illusion of the word vintage or original, or any education.

At this point I only can blame the buyers on this junk.

There are more and more sellers everyday!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Some buyers ignorance and their disregard for their own hard earned money is at times frustrating and logic defying. However, as much as it may seem that they deserve to have their money taken from them...no one deserves to be ripped off.

In this economy and generation majority of people have no morals or values. It is equally sad when society looses empathy and compassion.

As disheartening as our stand against these POS's may seem at times; we must fight on!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

I always hafta read 'ol "pickinannie's" listings, 'cause she just melts your heart with "I am a lady ,and I do not know much about signs. I inherited these signs from my Grandpa. He loved old things, and collected them for most of his life."

TOM
Ebay is actually quite hypocritical about how they treat these sellers of fake oil and gas item. If you try to sell a high end item like Hermes wallet or scarf Ebay makes you go through hell making sure it is genuine. For example, you cannot even list a genuine Hermes empty box because Ebay is afraid that the buyer will use the genuine box to subsequently sell a fake Hermes item within it. Same rules don't seem to apply to these loathsome people who sell oil and gas fakes with all the slick wording a la "pickinannnie".

USN ret. 1966-1989
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I saw a lot of unmarked repop signs at Carlisle. One was a 42 inch Viking sign. It was a computer generated photo/decal...idk, But it sure wasn't porcelain nor paint. You know when you get close to your tv screen it's all small squares that make up the image(that's what the image on this sign looked like up close) Even had simulated stone chips! I forget the asking price, But I will never forget that pos sign. The fear of purchasing a bogus sign is enough to keep me from buying any on ebay. Ebay really needs to tighten down on these items & fine tune the listings. Hold sellers liable if they try or do pass off a repop as original. Either uneducated or crook hold them responsible. Its still fraud isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved