Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#414988 - Thu May 09 2013 06:33 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Dick Bennett]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
He found me and I never advertised on CL. I am emailing him now as I type asking if he has anything left. He is still answering and using the same email. Phone # and texting too. He just sent me all the same pics as a few weeks ago. He is still active and not missing . I will try for more info.

#415135 - Fri May 10 2013 04:55 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: KZ1000]
Alex Offline
Moderator, Value Forum

Loc: Butte, Montana USA
Mr Frith...I had a similar situation with a seller in Tennessee. I had his IP address and a phone number. I called the local PD and spoke with the detectives group. they got me in touch with the DA's office. Filed a complaint and they took it from there. I also left a message on the scammer's phone that I had talked with Detective real name) and Asst DA(real names). Within 10 days i received a call from the DA's office that they made contact with the individual and within another week, had my item. I may have been lucky, but it might work.

#415155 - Fri May 10 2013 07:04 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Dick Bennett]
SWABBY Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Middleton, Id. USA
He is still sending me em wanting to know if I want any of the signs...says they are going up for auction and he will give me a good deal if I send half now and other half when I get the signs. Have received 3 em from him in 2 days..Says I can send money through any outlet to get it to him overnight...I keep telling him no,no and he still sending me em...????. Warren

#415156 - Fri May 10 2013 07:17 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: SWABBY]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Hey you can't have them. He already said I could have everything for $1000 down and $1000 on pickup. But I have to hurry cause everything is going to auction this weekend. He will only hold them if I wire the money tonight. The guy is persistent.

#415160 - Fri May 10 2013 07:37 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: KZ1000]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Swabby,
What have you Received for the 1st $800?

#415161 - Fri May 10 2013 07:51 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Dick Bennett]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Well, we have a couple of address's now but not sure if they are correct, as they were provided by Mr. Woolley, to another Old Gasser. I'm going to keep collecting information thru the weekend and try to contact the Sheriff in that area.
He seems to call Saratoga as home in some ads but claims he is really from San Jose. Not sure what county San Jose is in?
Cell#-701-739-6133

#415164 - Fri May 10 2013 08:03 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: K W FRITH]
Shotzy13 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: North Carolina
Santa Clara county. He just ripped off a guy I know here in SC for $800 earlier this week.

#415169 - Fri May 10 2013 09:23 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Shotzy13]
Ron Cabanayan Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA
Santa Clara County Sheriff operations desk: (408) 808-4400

He had a business called Beer Signs and Cans Collectibles. The address in county records say that he does business out of 101 Tennant Ave in San Jose. He might be a renter becuase the house at that address has official records going to another address. Records show that his business registration expired in 2012. But, it looks like he's still selling through other sales venues.

Might be good to involve the postal inspector since he is using the mail for fraud. I'll see what I can find out from a PD friend of mine this weekend. Hope this helps.

Ron

#415170 - Fri May 10 2013 09:24 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Ron Cabanayan]
Ron Cabanayan Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Oh, Saratoga is also in Santa Clara County. The city uses the sheriff dept for their enforcement.

#415171 - Fri May 10 2013 09:26 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Ron Cabanayan]
texacokie Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oklahoma
There is a guy in washington doing the same thing that I bought a clock from. I had a friend that lives up that way so I was going to fly up there to visit my friend and maybe stop by and put a boot in that guys *****.

When he found out I was coming up a clock came by overnight fedex.

Edited by texacokie (Fri May 10 2013 09:27 PM)

#415173 - Fri May 10 2013 09:47 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: texacokie]
hillsideshortleg Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Spokane, Washington
What part of Washington?

#415174 - Fri May 10 2013 09:49 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: texacokie]
Ron Cabanayan Offline
Petro Enthusiast

San Jose Police Financial Crimes Unit, Fraud detail (408) 277-4521. You can give them a call, too. But, the city is under a budget crisis. Lost 200 cops in the last two years. Only put 45 back on the streets in the last month. Response might be slow.

#415181 - Fri May 10 2013 10:20 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Ron Cabanayan]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Originally Posted By: Ron Cabanayan
Santa Clara County Sheriff operations desk: (408) 808-4400

He had a business called Beer Signs and Cans Collectibles. The address in county records say that he does business out of 101 Tennant Ave in San Jose. He might be a renter becuase the house at that address has official records going to another address. Records show that his business registration expired in 2012. But, it looks like he's still selling through other sales venues.

Might be good to involve the postal inspector since he is using the mail for fraud. I'll see what I can find out from a PD friend of mine this weekend. Hope this helps.

Ron

That is the exact address and info he gave me, for what he is pulling he is not hiding his identity. A very strange scheme going on.

#415243 - Sat May 11 2013 11:10 AM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: KZ1000]
Alex Offline
Moderator, Value Forum

Loc: Butte, Montana USA
Where's Joe Friday when you need him?

#415254 - Sat May 11 2013 12:12 PM Re: WARNING--IMMEDIATE!!! [Re: Alex]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Originally Posted By: Alex
Where's Joe Friday when you need him?

Wrong city, he worked LA