Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#415424 Sun May 12 2013 06:57 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Does anyone know what this piece actually is or have any info on the company? It seems like an odd size and pretty flat to be a globe lense. Ebay item # 181134485211

Thanks

Jason Howard
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Strange looking for sure but I would stay away because of the seller. They sell repro's as original.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Strange story here!--About 2 or 3 years ago I was offered 3 of these lenses by a man that had just found them in a relatives stuff? Two were really nice and one was scuffed up like the one that you have listed. I tried to buy them, but as the days went on, he got visions of grandeur and felt the lenses might be related to the late Howard Hughes enterprises, and felt they were worth a BUNCH! It was also kind of strange that they were fairly flat and odd sized? It was unknown as to whether or not they were globe lenses, or part of a window advertising piece? That ended my participation with them.
Recently I saw a really nice one on ebay, and I watched it for a while and it was getting a few bids, but wasn't going thru the roof, so I was just watching. Later on, I either missed the end of the auction, or someone got them to end it early? I don't remember? Can't even remember if it was the same seller, so it couldn't have been too important to me.
You might look thru completed sales for this vendor or maybe for this lens as listed? I believe it was a real piece, but for what, I don't know. Hope this helps.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Appears to be a decal on flat glass & Might be old, BUT as Scott stated I'd walk away because of sellers past.

Also it didn't meet reserve the other time it was listed, WHY, if it is Rare? 181125376291

N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
2curious sells lots of fakes and newly made stuff so I automatically don't give it another thought.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Ok guys. Thanks for the info. I was just curious about it because of the name "Howard".

Jason Howard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: hobbies4howie
Ok guys. Thanks for the info. I was just curious about it because of the name "Howard".

Just don't get 2curious ! LOL

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Good one!!!

Jason Howard
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I saw a one of these on ebay probably 6 years ago. At the time I beleive the seller said it was from Joplin, MO. I could never confirm any info about it. A short time latter I saw one being offered at several gas shows by a well known collector. Don't know if it was the same one. The collector was not from the NC area but this one could have come from him. It is a flat piece of glass and I thought the logo was painted when I looked at it but I didn't examine that closely.

Bill Fortune

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved