Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41643 Mon Feb 02 2004 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I just wanted to welcome our new members. Our membership is growing, and for good reason. This is the best petro site on the web!

Don't be afraid to ask questions. We have a great group of guys that are eager to help a fellow collector.

If you know the answer to someone's question please jump in and answer it.

Jim Potts provides this site to us for free. Jim has costs associated with running the site however. Please patronize the companies that advertise here. Tell them you heard about them on oldgas. You can help this site by bidding on ebay through links on this site. Jim gets a commission from Amazon on books bought through the bookstore on this site. Jim also sells the pump restoration and oil can guides himself. All of these things help to keep this site up and running.

We have some great features over in the Showcase and Stories forum.

Hubba (moderator of this forum) hosts a feature called Quart Of The Month. This feature starts on the 1st of every month. Right now we are covering cans that start with "F". The images posted will eventually end up in the oil can picture album on this site.

Scott hosts a neat feature called Collectible Of The Week. This week we're doing uniform patches. This feature changes every Sunday.

I oversee a new feature called Company Of The Month where a different member posts some history and pictures of their favorite oil company. The rest of us can jump in and add pictures or info too. Scott is hosting it this month. The company is Imperial. This feature starts on the 1st also.

I host Globe Of The Month. This feature starts on the 15th of every month. Right now we're featuring globes from Marathon and its many affiliates.

There are two features we're bringing back that we haven't done for awhile.

Ted will be hosting Sign Of The Month. This is a great feature where we can all post any signs from the featured company. This feature will start on the 7th of every month.

Neal will be hosting Pump Of The Month. Each month he will post the featured pump and we can post pictures of any restored or unrestored pump of that make and model. Neal has some really cool things in store for us.

I urge all the new members ( AND THE OLD ONES TOO) to support these features by sharing pictures of your stuff. If you can't post the pictures yourself, just ask for help. There are alot of guys that can post them for you. Alot of work goes into these features by the hosts. Do all you can to support them.

We have a non-petro forum where we talk about the weather, cars, and "stuff". You can read about the plight of one of our members there and what you can do to help him.

Like anything else. The more effort you put into this site, the more you'll get out of it. I've made alot of great friends through this site.

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!!
Bob
Lastgas15
Moderator-Showcase and Stories

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#41644 Mon Feb 02 2004 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob, It can't be said any better than that. Great job and welcome to the new members we receive as well as you onlookers. Scott

Scott Shipers
WANTED: quart picture cans
#41645 Mon Feb 02 2004 10:00 AM
A
A
Thanks for the welcome!

I joined yesterday and had aprox. 12 welcome post before the game and was going to check the MSGs today, but they are G O N E !

Also asked about Magnolia Gasoline Co. since I live in Magnolia, DE It is also G O N E !

What give??

I work for the DE Motor Fuel Tax Administration and have wanted to jump into this game for years and was given a Bennett 541. Have done nothing yet, just started Web Surfing when I found this site yesterday.

Keep up the site - from what I've seen and read so far, "This is the PLACE!"

SC {:{)

------------------
S. Carter
Cntrl DE
atog254@comcast.net

S. Carter
Cntrl DE
atog254@comcast.net
#41646 Mon Feb 02 2004 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SC {:{}..Your post isnt Gone..its in the "showcse and stories" section of shoptalk. I even posted a picture of my restored Bennett 541 to inspire you and Doc "TAG" offered to help with posting your pictures. This is the best site on the web and we absolutely welcome you. We are excited to help you with any questions you may have. Thanks and again...WELCOME..Have a great day

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#41647 Mon Feb 02 2004 10:13 AM
Welcome and you are right this is the place to be. Ted

#41648 Mon Feb 02 2004 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pops said it all in his original post but I wanted to add you can also support this site and look really REALLY good by doing it by purchasing your official old gas merchandise here;
http://www.cafeshops.com/oldgas/
snazzy stuff to make you the envy of anyone who loves this old service station stuff. Thanks

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#41649 Mon Feb 02 2004 11:45 AM
A
A
You can tell I'm new!

Thanks for the come back on my lost post! Did not notice I was in a different forum.
Still got to be the best site for this subject!

Tks

SC {:{)

S. Carter
Cntrl DE
atog254@comcast.net
#41650 Mon Feb 02 2004 06:22 PM
Welcome new members! There is a lot happening here. Sharing experiences and pictures, asking and answering questions, helping each other and generally having fun at our hobby.

In January 2004 we had the biggest month ever, traffic-wise: 426,000 pages viewed and 119,000 user sessions lasting over a half hour. The average for the last year is 280,000 pageviews and 100,000 sessions per month. There is a cost connected with handling that kind of volume. Thankfully, you have kept pace with your support of bidding on eBay links we provide , buying from Amazon.com links we provide and patronizing advertisers on our banner ads and Classified Ads . These are the three main fund generators to keep this site going.

Get involved in your online community! Make it a better place with your participation. If you need help with a question or posting an image, just ask. The members of this community may not know all the answers or even answer as fast as some would like, but we are friendly and willing to help.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#41651 Mon Feb 02 2004 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
To email a member, click on the envelope at the top of their post/reply. Just about everyone that has posted a picture would be more than glad to help in getting your picture posted.
To edit, click on the notepad & pen icon [at top of your post/reply].
Dick
Home of the 36B TOP TWIN TOWERS

#41652 Sat Feb 14 2004 10:27 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just bringing this back to the top to welcome the new members.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved