Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#424159 - Thu Jun 20 2013 11:03 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: gmstuff]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canad...
Hey Guys, thanks for posting those pictures of the cans, they are way cool. Ted, is yours a metal quart can? Keith, I have seen a Chevrolet version as well. Thanks again for posting.
Ken.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#424204 - Fri Jun 21 2013 08:38 AM Re: B/A collection [Re: KL Bird]
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Brantford,Ontario, Canada
Morning Ken, the can is 2 or maybe 3 quarts looks like a Heinz tomato juice can without the grooves and alot bigger. Mr. BA- Alex has the can and is looking it up in his archives. In my opinion its older than the vulcan cans, because of the refiners name on it. Very unusual lid that screws in with cork on the bottom.
Ted

#425275 - Tue Jun 25 2013 01:01 AM Re: B/A collection [Re: TC]
Cuillerier Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I picked up, by sheer luck...
A B/A Peerless quart, with the blue and orange, cardboard,
I didn't know one existed.. Ill grab a photo..

#425494 - Tue Jun 25 2013 10:08 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: Cuillerier]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Ted, that is an unusual size, and I agree that is pre-vulcan, keep us posted on what Alex finds out.
Robert, yes, please post a pic of that can if you can, I've never seen a cardboard blue/orange can myself.
Ken.

#426321 - Sat Jun 29 2013 08:15 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: KL Bird]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Hey everyone. I am just about to head out to a show and shine at one of the A&W's and I thought I would keep this thread alive a little longer and post some pics of the pumps I used to have, other than the Bennett 1056 I still currently have from my previous pictures, oh yeah, and the Wayne 100 I did for some friends in Grande Prairie,Alberta. Again I apologize for the poor pictures as they are pictures of pictures I printed of on plain paper.
Ken.

#573882 - Sun Oct 12 2014 09:11 AM Re: B/A collection [Re: KL Bird]
Murphy'sBA Offline

Simply an amazing collection you have Ken! I recently joined Old Gas and have loved going through this thread with all your amazing photos. My Dad worked for BA as an auditor from '56-'69 and then on with Gulf after the takeover. I recently finished up the restoration of my 1962 GMC truck as a British American Oil service station shop truck as a tribute to my Dad & BA. My slowly growing BA collection is nowhere near or ever will be of the caliber of you collection but I'm quite proud of my tribute truck! Hope you don't mind if I post a pic or two here which were taken in front of a restored circa 1955 BA station near me in Newtonville Ont.
Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadian Members!
Paul

Attachments
P1110605a.jpg

P1110596a.jpg

Backyard B/A Tribute Service Station video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9HFOmH-Tj0

#573925 - Sun Oct 12 2014 12:38 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: Murphy'sBA]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Hi Paul, and welcome to Oldgas, sorry I missed your introduction. Thanks for your compliments, I have seen pics of your truck when I go on to google images, very, very cool, that would be a great addition to any B/A collection. Check out "Buys of the week" Aug. 11 to 17, there was an auction locally here and I bought a whack of cool items and posted them on here. I will have to update my pics again soon. Keep in touch Paul,
Ken.

#575911 - Tue Oct 21 2014 09:04 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: gmstuff]
Robb Offline

Loc: Toronto Canada
wow.. you guys have some amazing stuff !

#575920 - Tue Oct 21 2014 09:26 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: Robb]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Thanks Robb, keep posted as I will post some updated pics of my collection here soon as I made a few nice purchases this past summer.
Ken.

#575926 - Tue Oct 21 2014 09:37 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: KL Bird]
Johnay Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Delhi Ontario Canada
Where is that station Murphy? Nice truck you have done there also. We were up north a couple of weeks ago and saw this old B/A station just north of Barrie on #11.

#575931 - Tue Oct 21 2014 09:49 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: Johnay]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

That one is still in nice shape! There are still a few original buildings still standing around here although most of them have been resided, etc so the don't resemble the original look. There is still one on the hiway west of Saskatoon about 35 miles in similar shape to the one above.
Ken.

#575955 - Wed Oct 22 2014 06:27 AM Re: B/A collection [Re: Johnay]
Murphy'sBA Offline

The station which my truck is photographed in front of is in Newtonville Ontario on old HWY 2. It's East of Toronto close to Port Hope. Great place to visit & the owners Frank & Betty are the nicest people to meet.

I have seen that BA station on HWY 11 many times on the way up to the Cottage, it's run as a towing service now. I have a few other pics of old BA stations in Ontario which are still standing. Will post pics soon.
Paul
Originally Posted By: Johnay
Where is that station Murphy? Nice truck you have done there also. We were up north a couple of weeks ago and saw this old B/A station just north of Barrie on #11.

#575961 - Wed Oct 22 2014 06:52 AM Re: B/A collection [Re: Murphy'sBA]
Murphy'sBA Offline

Here is a then & now pick of a BA station still in use today just off the QEW near Grimsby Ont. Also a now photo of an old BA still being used as a garage in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont. I pass this one fairly regularly also when I head down to Niagara to visit my parents.
Paul

Attachments
B-A Service station QEW Grimsby Ont..jpg

BA in Grimsby ont..jpg

NOTL BA Station.jpg

#576611 - Sat Oct 25 2014 03:47 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: Murphy'sBA]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Hi everyone, after this thread was brought back up I decided to post some more updated pics of my collection with my latest additions from this summer displayed. Please enjoy.

#576612 - Sat Oct 25 2014 03:54 PM Re: B/A collection [Re: KL Bird]
KL Bird Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Some more.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved