Print Thread
#41802 Mon May 15 2006 07:05 AM
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Joe

Tell us about what you saw at the carey collection. Were you at gas alley or the private collection. I thought that gas alley did not open until the 20 th

ward zaharia

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#41803 Mon May 15 2006 08:26 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Good morning Ward and all the other petroholics out there. Was at Ron's private collection yesterday, Ron was kind enough to open the collection to the local oil and gas club after our meeting. The collection is outstanding with both Canadian and US oil companies represented, the Red Indian and Buffalo displays are fantastic both in display and content. We were also treated to a tour of some of Ron's large truck collection (mostly Mac's). Ron also has part of his collection at Heritage Park (Gasoline Alley), Heritage Park is a recreation of the early days in Western Canada's history c/w working blacksmiths shop, hotel, bakery, stables, oil rig, homes, carnival rides etc. A great place to spend a day. The park is planning a $20,000,000 plus upgrade which will see a complete renovation/expansion of the Gasoline Alley display, if you are ever in the Calgary area a trip to Gasoline Alley is a must for all petroholics.
I did not take any pic's yesterday but should have some on file, will try and post some tonite. Have a great day, Joe

[This message has been edited by texacojoe (edited 05-15-2006).]

[This message has been edited by texacojoe (edited 05-15-2006).]

#41804 Mon May 15 2006 11:56 AM
W
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
W
Joe

Thanks for the reply and If you have any pictures to post that would be great as I am not likley to ever get to see that private collection. For those of you that do not know ron carey he is a very big name in candian gas and oil.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved