Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Good thing I have one for the "CAN" and one for the shop, caus the one in the shop looks like Bob T's and Bob A's. Im not terriably hard on books, it just fell apart. Great book though, wanna warranty it Ron?????????

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
B
Not complaining, thought it was just my book, pages 164 - 170 came out quite some time ago. Great book otherwise!

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
My pages from 177-187 just fell out one day. I didn't like it but there are bigger problems in the world and this seemed rather minor compared to those.

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Like any book with this type of binding, the more it is opened, the more the chances of this happening are.

I've had it happen with both my globe books and anticipate it happening with the pump book. Heck, my bible even has pages coming out.

It's not a fault of the book, the binder, the printer, publisher, seller and certainly not of the author. The fault can only be placed with the user. And, who cares, I bought mine to use, not as a collectable. My tools get dirty and broken from use.

Find someone with a paper drill (print shops) and have them drill three holes -now, before it comes apart. Then put it in a three ring binder of the appropriate size, and keep useing the heck of of it.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
We've sold nearly 1000 copies also and have not had that complaint. We have a copy at each of the 6 phones and they are all coming apart, but they are from the beginning and get flipped thru non-stop everyday. I wouldn't exchange after two months either!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A M E N .
Them that don't drive cars, NEVER have a FLAT !!
Nuff said

Dick

S
S
HI RON
I HAVE HAD MY BOOK BANGING AROUND IN THE BACK SEAT OF MY PICKUP FOR 1 1/2 AND IT STILL LOOKS GREAT, NO PROBLEMS HERE.

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
So far so good... one year of hard miles on mine and it still looks good. I try not to bend the pages back and stuff like that. I figured when I got it that a book of that size it would come apart easily, so I used caution.
Are the Victors, Hayes Cf's and the Rheems going to be in the new edition?

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
deleted

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Aquaelvis:
No Victors.
One Hayes.
No CFs (?).
One Rheems.
Sure could use some help with some of these pumps. Dick Bennett did get me a nice piece on the Keesee's. Does anyone out there have anything I could buy, borrow or copy?
Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I'm of the opinion that you could manufacture 600 anvils and a handfull of dudes would manage to split theirs in half. I would say if you check out the physical integrity of Jack's book it's fine. I use the pure snot out of mine and the pages are perfect. Chances are the overall batting average of this book is 998.
Just my two cents worth.

Neal

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all of your help guys. I just felt like two months was a long time for a customer to expect me to replace the book. Ron

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved