Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#418302 - Sun May 26 2013 03:35 PM You'd think there'd be more than just Socony
rustynuts Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: NY
I wasn't going to post these at first. Hate to bore everyone with the same old stuff. Trust me...I'd like to see something different also. I know darn well Socony had other signs & other companies were around at the time so my gut is telling me there should be other signs in the ground. Other than the heavy rain & one p***** off deer it was a productive memorial day weekend. Yes...I got run off by a doe not once but twice between yesterday & today! She was grunting at me & rutting with her hooves(like a bull getting ready to charge) Either she has a fawn close by or maybe there's some good signage buried? The sign gods are laughing at me this afternoon.

Attachments
s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#418303 - Sun May 26 2013 03:39 PM Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony [Re: rustynuts]
rustynuts Offline
Petro Enthusiast

frown

Attachments
s4.jpg

#418304 - Sun May 26 2013 04:01 PM Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony [Re: rustynuts]
57tbirdkid Offline
TBA Feature Host

I have a feeling someone was contracted to remove all these signs for a change over and this was the dumping spot. For this many signs to be in one place is odd. Keep up the good work. I bet there is a lot more down there.

#418312 - Sun May 26 2013 04:41 PM Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony [Re: 57tbirdkid]
rustynuts Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Thanks 57tbirdkid! Larger & smaller there's gotta be other Socony signs in there. Curb signs,lubester paddles,service station shields,etc. Something other than Socony pump plates would be great. I've had close to thirty of them.

#418320 - Sun May 26 2013 05:25 PM Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony [Re: rustynuts]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Real shame about the Milk Glass SOCONY Globe you BROKE while digging! laugh

#418338 - Sun May 26 2013 06:31 PM Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony [Re: Dick Bennett]
Dave's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Abbotsford, British Columbia, ...
I think, he dropped it while being chased by Bambi.

#418381 - Sun May 26 2013 09:06 PM Re: You'd think there'd be more than just Socony [Re: Dave's Garage]
rustynuts Offline
Petro Enthusiast

I got a bunch of broken Socony globe pieces set aside to try & put together somehow. There was other globes pieces but I can't figure out what they are. I would've dropped the signs & shovel before I let go of a intact globe.
This is all I could think of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0BZ_fMnikDA

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved