Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Someone has a 15" Texaco on feebay for $1000.00 .It looks real ,but the Black outline for the Green T goes under the green .I thought the green was supposed to touch the White background .Item 281111434495 .The seller "Redhotrelics" has sold some very questionable signs in the past.It has the grommets at the correct spots ,and the back looks authentic for this sign .The red triangle is missing from the center of the A in TexAco.Info please

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I have two of these signs. Both came from old gas members. Mine both have the red triangle. Neither of mine have a date on the bottom and mine say REG. U.S.PAT.OFF. on the bottom

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The sign is real. Signs were made by different sign makers, that's why there are small differences in 15" that you have noted.

Notice the firing marks on the back of the sign. I bet they're about the same size has a man''s hand picking up the sign from the bottom after firing like a pizza.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Texaco didn't date their earlier signs (REG. U.S. PAT. OFF).

Last edited by J.E.Radebaugh; Tue May 28 2013 05:52 PM.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thanks that helps me to know as well

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
The ones that were being sold by the known fake sign sellers looked just like this one except for the position of the grommets and the back being all white.Same date with the same font- exactly,Same missing red triangle . But the back doe's look authentic on this one

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Watch out for newly made 15 inch signs. Have not seen them but it was mentioned at Dixie Gas that they were recently made and were really close to original.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I just figured out what IMO means so here is mine.
The blue coke disk he has listed is fake. Coke never ever used this or any blue porcelain signage. The first fake blue sign that I know of showing up was a number of years ago at Brimfield. Our friend Frank Speel bought it and thought he had a real treasure. Frank was very experienced in the sign business but got fooled.
The Texaco looks funny to me. The back especially. I wouldn't spend any hard earned $'s on that one. The seller may not know or maybe they do. They also are selling to many foreign signs for my comfort.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO, WAY OVER PRICED. Seller is SUCKER Fishing.
Keep looking.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved