Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#422744 - Fri Jun 14 2013 06:36 PM "another fish-y story"
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
ebay # 181158241611
.. cool

#422761 - Fri Jun 14 2013 07:15 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: advertologist]
ddkinsey Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: ca
What a piece of **** the sign I mean. He's been laying low for a while. All private feedback as a seller. Lists one at a time to test the water. Probably thinks ebay won't have time to do anything like remove the listing. He has this one worded very carefully. I like to seeing there are no bids.

#422765 - Fri Jun 14 2013 07:22 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: ddkinsey]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
I feel like bidding $3,000, then leave Feedback that he is selling FAKE/FANTASY Signs.

#422766 - Fri Jun 14 2013 07:26 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

ALL vendors/makers of Repop/Fantasy signs should get in on the profits & Raise their prices 300%!

#422775 - Fri Jun 14 2013 07:36 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
Chevrolet SS Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: DeKalb, IL
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
I feel like bidding $3,000, then leave Feedback that he is selling FAKE/FANTASY Signs.

If you bid $3,000 I will bid over you. Only way to show the high bid since a no reserve auction. Then with 24 hrs. and 5 minutes left, bid retraction from both of us. The bid retraction has to take place before the auction is less then 24 hrs. from ending.

I'm in if you are?

#422778 - Fri Jun 14 2013 07:40 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
ddkinsey Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: ca
ALL vendors/makers of Repop/Fantasy signs should get in on the profits & Raise their prices 300%!

Ya Baby !! sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

#422780 - Fri Jun 14 2013 07:47 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Chevrolet SS]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

But I Can't leave Feedback if I retract. PP can't go after me cause I DON'T Have it. ebay can Ban me after too many Non Paying Bids, then I'll have to get a FREE Yahoo email account to re-signup!

#422788 - Fri Jun 14 2013 08:25 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
Chevrolet SS Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: DeKalb, IL
But I Can't leave Feedback if I retract. PP can't go after me cause I DON'T Have it. ebay can Ban me after too many Non Paying Bids, then I'll have to get a FREE Yahoo email account to re-signup!

It was just a suggestion. Screw the feedback, I'd like to see the seller droll over $3,000 for the fake/repro/pile of s**t they are selling...then take it all away from them. One bid retraction isn't going to hurt your ebay standing, unless you do it all the time?? I don't know, just saying...

Anyone else interested?

#422790 - Fri Jun 14 2013 08:33 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
Jerry Westfield Offline

Loc: Orlando Florida

I hope none of the the people from eBay read our post like this as it will make them think we are no better than the people we are reporting. Let's clean up our act and stop all the unprofessional comments like this and put an end to all the request for gift payments via paypal. We can't win the war if we look like we are willing to do wrong to make our point.

#422840 - Sat Jun 15 2013 02:31 AM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Jerry Westfield]
Neil Gerrard Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canby, Oregon
Jerry, I believe Oldgas already asks everyone not to request payment as a gift, believe I've see it written several places. As to what ebay thinks of "us" I for one could care less what ebay thinks of me. They get plenty of my money, been on since 98 with feedback well over 3000. All ebay cares about is profit, with all due respect why do you care what ebay thinks? Again speaking for myself I think our act doesn't need cleaning, it's showing results, that would be a good thing. As to the comments being unprofessional, well there aren't many professionals on here, most are hobbyists who have a very legitimate concern that the hobby is being adversely affected by the thieves. I don't share your view that the people on here helping expose the thieves are wrong at all.
Originally Posted By: Jerry Westfield

I hope none of the the people from eBay read our post like this as it will make them think we are no better than the people we are reporting. Let's clean up our act and stop all the unprofessional comments like this and put an end to all the request for gift payments via paypal. We can't win the war if we look like we are willing to do wrong to make our point.

Edited by Neil Gerrard (Sat Jun 15 2013 02:33 AM)

#422842 - Sat Jun 15 2013 05:52 AM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Neil Gerrard]
Maxgas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Augusta, Maine, USA
SS is all fired up!! Go get um

#422867 - Sat Jun 15 2013 09:16 AM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Maxgas]
jbrooks Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
just be careful guys. i would love to see you stick it to one of these thieves and i appreciate all of the people on here fighting the fight but i would hate to see you gamble with. $3000

#422873 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:15 AM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: jbrooks]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Playing w/ Fraudulent sellers is More fun than playing the Lottery, at least I have a CHANCE of WINNING!

Edited by Dick Bennett (Sat Jun 15 2013 10:17 AM)

#422897 - Sat Jun 15 2013 01:18 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
VEEDOL_AL1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: AURORA COLO-80014
I think the seller of this item in question,either is a member,because look at the bottom on this auction####....

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

#422900 - Sat Jun 15 2013 01:42 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: VEEDOL_AL1]
roadrelics Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota ...USA
is this a bogus sign?? have not seen a back like this one with rolled edges......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved