Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#422910 - Sat Jun 15 2013 02:48 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: VEEDOL_AL1]
Neil Gerrard Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Canby, Oregon
either that or one of our newer members alerted him
Originally Posted By: VEEDOL_AL1
I think the seller of this item in question,either is a member,because look at the bottom on this auction####....

#422963 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:19 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Neil Gerrard]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
a look at his completed auctions tells all there needs to know about him, another scammer.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=181158241611&_ssn=engraved29&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

#422965 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:30 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: KZ1000]
ddkinsey Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: ca
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
a look at his completed auctions tells all there needs to know about him, another scammer.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=181158241611&_ssn=engraved29&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Thanks for adding that link a couple of people have been questioning the die-cut standard. Old or New ?
Well you can see two he sold. One for over $400 pretty good profit on a $20 sign.
I don't know why ebay lets him keep listing. Yes the Hancock is phony. Everything he sells is phony.
The completed list is like a catalog for reproduction signs.
Do you have to be a member just to read posts? Can he come to the site and read the threads without posting or being a member?

#422966 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:30 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: KZ1000]
blacktee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Saline, Mi USA

I'm assuming these are mostly fake. Makes a hell of a living ! Better than robbing a bank, you don't go to jail for this.

Doug

#422967 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:33 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: ddkinsey]
blacktee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Saline, Mi USA
Originally Posted By: ddkinsey
Originally Posted By: KZ1000

Thanks for adding that link a couple of people have been questioning the die-cut standard. Old or New ?
Well you can see two he sold. One for over $400 pretty good profit on a $20 sign.
I don't know why ebay lets him keep listing. Yes the Hancock is phony. Everything he sells is phony.
The completed list is like a catalog for reproduction signs.
Do you have to be a member just to read posts? Can he come to the site and read the threads without posting or being a member?

Any body out there can read oldgas.com material. You have to be a member post. So we need to watch what were writing !!!

#422969 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:39 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: blacktee]
eshaver Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: richmond , Virginia
Hey, I post what I know to be the truth. If a non member sees it and doesn't like it , oh well .............. ! Ed Shaver

#422970 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:40 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: blacktee]
mcguffeyd1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cincinnati
I agree here with Doug on this one. Everyone can see what is posted, so we need to watch putting details on what is wrong with the signs. I have seen a few that are scary lately. Someone is going to wind up with a real expensive repop soon i am afraid.

Google translator is good enough for the repoppers overseas to make out what we say on here. Also there is a ton of repops being made in the states!

Also Ed, I like that the truth is posted on here and this site is not here to work one over on somebody.

The truth is that repops are getting dangerous for collectors.

Edited by mcguffeyd1 (Sat Jun 15 2013 07:42 PM)
Edit Reason: added more

#422971 - Sat Jun 15 2013 07:47 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: mcguffeyd1]
mcguffeyd1 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Hahaha you got to love what the seller added to the posting:

"I have had a lot of interest in this sign. I will not end early or sell to an "oldgas" member for $3000. If you wish to place those bids and retract them, yes. ebay watches what everyone does. That website has gone way down hill with its shabby members. Thanks for the emails and good laughs. "

#423017 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:18 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: mcguffeyd1]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
ebay needs Buyers more than it needs Fraudulent shabby Sellers.
Originally Posted By: ebay seller
yes. eBay watches what everyone does

EVIDENTLY THEY HAVE NOT LOOKED AT YOUR LISTING/SELLING HISTORY!

#423023 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:26 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: mcguffeyd1]
ddkinsey Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: ca
Originally Posted By: mcguffeyd1
Hahaha you got to love what the seller added to the posting:

"I have had a lot of interest in this sign. I will not end early or sell to an "oldgas" member for $3000. If you wish to place those bids and retract them, yes. ebay watches what everyone does. That website has gone way down hill with its shabby members. Thanks for the emails and good laughs. "

Apparently he removed that comment.

I asked about nonmembers reading the threads because I want to refer buyers with questions on repops to oldgas and I want to tell them they can read about signs without being members. I don't really care if they like the comments or not if the truth hurts so be it.
thanks

#423025 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:40 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: ddkinsey]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

OMG, he's not a Hopeless as the signs he sells! By Directing buyers to oldgas to read the threads of FRAUDULENT Signs, he ALMOST HUNG HIMSELF! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

The TRUTH has sent more Felons to Jail than Lies have kept them OUT.

#423026 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:43 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: blacktee]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

APPARENTLY the auction was DELETED

#423027 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:44 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: Dick Bennett]
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: So. Ca.
apparently he's pulled the item, can't find it under active or completed auctions?.. cool

#423028 - Sat Jun 15 2013 10:52 PM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: advertologist]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Last year I Called out an ebay seller [that happened to be a member], BUT he had moved [& didn't change location under user name], also changed his ebay seller ID. I had no idea [but didn't matter]. WELL he CRIED FOUL to Mods that I was picking on him, Again! My post was Removed [Oh Well].
The TRUTH DOES HURT [some].

#423064 - Sun Jun 16 2013 07:17 AM Re: "another fish-y story" [Re: roadrelics]
Texacopumpdog Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Bristol va
Did it get knocked off? Or did it sell .I can't find it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved