Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Does he go to Hershey any? Someone should tell him about this great site. I'm sure he'd love it just as much as all of us do.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
If Rich's brother John reads this, please contact me with your new mailing address. Thanks, Ed

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Rich G has been to Iowa Gas a couple times!
He bought a rare ford sign from me. He has also been to columbia and peotone...Very nice easy going guy and you probably wouldn't recognize him...I didn't know who he was until after I sold him the sign.
I also seen Jay L at auburn a couple times..

------------------

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Hi Fellow Collectors Who Are Trying To Stay Warm,

I don't believe Amistadi collects thats much as he is really in the full time business of selling signs. All of the signs in his latest book have been sold by him in the past.

Ralph Falvo has a web site for every one to see his collection. I beleive it is falvocollectibles.com. Super nice guy and one heck of a collection with a beautiful layout.

Kyle Moore's collection is planned to be on public display along Route 66 in a new building in 3 years..the new owner wants to share it with the public I heard.

I toured Jay Leno's garage/hangers last year. Incredible collection of cars and motorcycles. I had my sign photo album with me and shared the photos with him.

I asked him why he did not have interest in old signs and he said that 'he wanted to specialize in old cars and bikes and early vintage posters.

Unbelievably nice guy..cordial, funny and extremely car smart.His collection encompasses 8 airplane hangers just a stones' throw behind Bobe Hope Airport in Burbank, CA. He now has his own web site, Jaylenosgarage.com that show's off his place.

Stay warm..not to tease anyone but we had the air conditioner on here yesterday at work (Houston)

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Peyton Manning has started a collection of Super Bowl rings! ;-)

------------------
Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana

Jim Hinds
Columbus, Indiana
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Ralph, thats incredible that Leno has enough cars to fill up 8 airplane hangers. Is his collection open to the public to view?
Robert

P
P
I met Rich G a few times in Minneapolis at a few local shows and at the Indy Ad show. Super nice guy and has a huge collection of soda pop and Coca-Cola stuff as well. Believe me if I had a few million dollars a year contract for xx many years he played. I'd have a collection like that.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
just wanted to say its great that some of the real big players,are real people!this does not always hold true!!mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know this is an old Thread but I am new to this site and was just searching and came upon this. I sold my Entire large GULF collection to Rich Gannon about 8-9 years ago, Built a 42x40 2 story "Garage" with the money and started collecting all over again, (everything now). Great guy, got lots of signed items for my 3 boys.

I live 1/2 mile from Richard Amistadi, sold him his 1st 3 signs he ever had in 1988, (he only dealt in cars before that) Since then he has made quite a mark in this hobby. I was scolded by Bob Palmerino, Terry St. Clair, and Leo Mathieu for getting him into this hobby which at the time was a Friendly collecting hobby with reasonable prices. It is true Amistadi does not have a collection, Everything he has comes and goes before it could be hung, lots of Fed Ex and Truck traffic.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved