Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KL Bird #421165 Sat Jun 08 2013 08:26 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ken you have an amazing collection, keep them pic's coming and thanks for sharing.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
texacojoe #421394 Sun Jun 09 2013 05:34 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Since Ken had said he wanted to see photos of BA stuff from other collections, I thought I put would some of mine into the mix. The top two rows of the Pennzoil quarts in the Pennzoil rack have British American Oil Company Canadian Distributors printed on them. Cheers, Don.

rsz_ba1.jpg rsz_ba2.jpg rsz_ba3.jpg rsz_ba4.jpg rsz_ba5.jpg
Last edited by coopersplace; Sun Jun 09 2013 05:34 PM.
coopersplace #421395 Sun Jun 09 2013 05:38 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Part two, sorry about the Pennzoil, it is fine on my computer and I don't own a cell phone to blame it on. Cheers, Don.
ps. Just thought to mention that Rega was bought out by BA in 1920 so fairly early tins.

rsz_ba6.jpg rsz_ba7.jpg rsz_ba8.jpg
Last edited by coopersplace; Sun Jun 09 2013 05:39 PM.
coopersplace #421465 Sun Jun 09 2013 09:07 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hi folks, hey Joe, thanks, but it aint nutt'n compared to your collection, I suppose this is the first real look you have gotten in the years we've known each other.
Don, thank you very much for posting your pictures, you have many items I could only hope to aquire, and hope I will someday,I really like the starting fluid can and the cone top liquid solder can and the informantion on the Rega items.
I'm gonna show some pics of my display case contents this time.

KL Bird #421468 Sun Jun 09 2013 09:14 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A few more...

Sorry for the poor picture quality compared to the other folk's pics, as I have said before, I'm not a photographer and still figuring out this camera.
Thanks again Don for your excellent pics, and if anyone else has some cool B/A stuff, feel free to post.
Ken.

KL Bird #422024 Tue Jun 11 2013 09:06 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Good evening folks, I only took a few pics tonite, the first one is an example of a B/A calender.

The second one is a neat fantasy picture of a gas station with the buildings, pumps vehicles, tanker, etc, I hope to someday get it into a much nicer frame.

And the third picture is kinda interesting. These cardboard "mini" signs I had bought a few years back at Red Deer swap meet from a former long time B/A employee Gord Grover, some of you Alberta collectors probably know of or heard of him.Anyway, these cardboard signs are 12 1/4 inches in dia., Gord told me these were handouts at a convention in the late '60's before the transition of color and style in '67. They were to show the employees the new colors, and the slogan or whatever you want to call it was "Red and green, never to be seen". From what I understand, some of you can correct me if I'm wrong, there was a transition of color to orange and blue with the previous font or style before completely changing over the more "swoopier" style.

On a side note, I had a visit from an Oldgas member Fred Mensink a.k.a. gasman84470, yesterday afternoon. Fred was in Saskatoon on business and had some time in the p.m. and asked me if we could meet up,so I asked him if he wouldn't mind coming by my work for a visit.We have a nice cafateria in the bodyshop I work at for the customers and employees of the dealer ship, so I took some time from work and we spent about 2 hours talking about gas and oil and getting to know each other, it was very enjoyable, only thing was I was sorry I couldn't get away and take him to my place to show him my collection in person, hopefully another time. It's pretty cool that one can meet someone with the same interests on a forum and end up meeting face to face, as I've done with a few of you folks that are closer. Hopefully someday I can meet some of the "farther way" folks.
Anyhoo, everyone have a good evening.
Ken.

KL Bird #422265 Wed Jun 12 2013 07:52 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Good evening folks, tonite I am going to try and post some pics of the magazine article that the local newspaper did of me a number of years ago. I'm sorry if it's hard for people to read as I don't have a scanner and I took pictures of the article, so lets give this a try...

I hope you can read it.
Ken.

KL Bird #422816 Fri Jun 14 2013 08:10 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Folks, finally friday, it's about time... Tonite I have a few pictures of some lubrication chart books and a truck upkeep/log book, hope you enjoy.
Ken.

KL Bird #423301 Sun Jun 16 2013 08:20 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Awesome collection, Ken! Thank you for sharing. BA leased land from my grandfather here in Nebraska in early 1955, drilled and completed the well later that year. The well is still producing today. I have the porcelain lease sign in my collection and have always been interested in the company.
Thanks again!
Rod

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
rvanpelt #423309 Sun Jun 16 2013 08:41 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Rod, thank you, I remember when you posted a pic of that sign when I did c.o.t.m a number of years ago, very cool sign. I invite you, if you want too, to post a pic of that sign for everyone to see. I'm taking a bit of a break tonite and I will be posting a few more pics tomorrow nite of my collection. I had kept a copy of your pic, but it's on the old computer that the ex-wife has now...
Thanks again Rod, everyone have a good evening.
Ken.

KL Bird #423378 Mon Jun 17 2013 08:23 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes, Ken. I remember posting my lease sign and you saying you hadn't seen one like it from the states, so here it is again. In my grandmother's snapshots, I found a pic, which she wrote on the back that it was the first well drilled that turned into a producer. I believe this to be a British American derrick. Maybe Ken can verify this, although this isn't a great pic.
Thank you,
Rod van Pelt

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
rvanpelt #423547 Mon Jun 17 2013 08:53 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Cool, thanks Rod for posting the pictures, they are awsome. While I can't positively verify that being a B/A derrick, I would think that it would be a strong possibility that it is, as B/A had a very strong presence in the United States. For more history, check out Alex Colwell's site www.britishamericanoil.ca.
As for tonite, I think this will be the last for my B/A collection, I bought an embossed B/A t.s.b. binder at an auction and loaded it up with pictures, invoices,booklets, magazines, flyers,etc,so I will finish off with a few examples of what is in the binder

KL Bird #423550 Mon Jun 17 2013 09:05 PM
KL Bird Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Some more...

Well, I hope I didn't bore any of you with my "stuff", these pics are an example of most of my stuff, I do have more cans, pails, etc stored away, and there was more that I didn't take pics of, I do havea few other brands, I have a bit of Whiterose, and a few Goodyear items, and various quart and 1 gallon cans, along with some Coke items and toys, some original to me and my family and a few restored. So, that's it in a nutshell, I hope you enjoyed.
Ken.

KL Bird #423553 Mon Jun 17 2013 09:19 PM
T
TC Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hi Ken figured it out. Here's a 100 year old BA can that i think no one has seen. Ted

IMG_0664.JPG IMG_0668.JPG
KL Bird #423598 Tue Jun 18 2013 06:47 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is an early Ford Oil can made by B/A... There was a Chevrolet version as well..

Keith

ford 1.jpg
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved