Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#425143 Mon Jun 24 2013 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Now treasureray, is calling his cr*p (my opinion) "re-issues"...

400516083713: "This is a 16" x 22" diecut "high gloss" sign for Zephyr Motor Oil and Gas."

"New reissue 2- sided heavy (weighs about 7 lbs) steel sign with a thick gloss that looks, and feels like a porcelain enamel finish! Only a very few made..in the USA!!"

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
was there ever an original Zephyr flange produced?.. cool

RANDY
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Only a very few made= alot

Please visit my website Gasstuff.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
Only a very few made..in the USA!!"

must of cost too much here to produce,
so production moved to Argentina & India.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

400516083713: "This is a 16" x 22" diecut "high gloss" sign for Zephyr Motor Oil and Gas."

"New reissue 2- sided heavy (weighs about 7 lbs) steel sign with a thick gloss that looks, and feels like a porcelain enamel finish! Only a very few made..in the USA!!"

HEY BOB, uh they ARE RE-ISSUES ! Ray hiss self re issues them..................... by the hundreds !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
These are being reproduced also. I believe there was an old original version of these.

$T2eC16h,!)cE9s4PvnR+BR,1rTOO)w~~60_3.JPG
JimT #425311 Tue Jun 25 2013 06:42 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
He's been calling this stuff "re-issue" for over a year....and when I look at his completed auctions, it always blows me alway to see what people are willing to pay for signs they know are brand new??

Last edited by really; Tue Jun 25 2013 06:44 AM.
J
J

Bob, Opinions are like you know what. Fact is, he calls these re-issue signs "NEW". If someone gets hood winked by his wording, they just can't read. People not reading is a real problem with most eBay buyers. These signs are not for me. I do not think the guy is getting rich on these signs, most of what I could see in his completed auctions bring less than a hundred bucks. Some of these signs were at Columbus last week, and they were being sold for what they are. I did not buy any, but I did handle one and I would have to say they were made nice. What is your real point?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jerry, a good portion of Ray's items are fakes and fantasy. NONE of them are marked as such....

That is my point... A point that most everyone actually in the Hobby, observed immediately after I posted...

Since treasureray did not issue Zephyr Oil signs originally. I don't believe it is possible for him to "re-issue" signs now...

Last edited by Bob Richards; Tue Jun 25 2013 09:34 AM.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
His point is that the repro stuff is getting passed off as original. So much of this is going on that the new people do not know what is what. Not everyone goes to sign school to learn for a couple of years before they buy. These are older members who know or seem to know what is original and what is not to protect other people members or not from making a mistake. More or less protecting investments on original items also.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
To me and everyone else his point is very clear. His point is treasureray is a crook who passes off repro/fantasy items as originals all the time. Crooks like him are ripping off people and hurting this hobby.

What is your point?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
J
J
My 12 year old son knew these signs were not original. I do not want to cause any embarrassment to any veteran member/collector, but you got to be joking if you think this stuff could ever be passed off as original. Let's get back on track, we have too many sellers passing fakes off as original.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jerry, trying to insult me... Doesn't change the fact, that treasureray sells "unmarked fake items"...

As to the knowledge you and your 12 year old son have.... Well, from what I've seen and read... it isn't much...

Every day "fake" signage; whether produced here in the States, in Argentina, Mexico, India, Bangladesh, China, Ukraine or ???? Are being advertised as "original items" on Ebay, CL, in local Newspaper, on bulletin boards, in businesses and elsewhere...

As to: "but you got to be joking if you think this stuff could ever be passed off as original." Statements like that prove to those in the Hobby, that you have no time in it! Every and I do mean every Collector who has anytime in the Hobby has stories about the fakes they have run across in the homes of "New and Non-Collectors"...

If you go back into the archives here on Oldgas, you will see threads were a "New Member" or Non-Member has asked about a "fake" they have acquired... An item that an Experienced Collector wouldn't look once at. For the novice or non-collector, it "very well could be, a Buy of a Lifetime"... Until they find out they were "taken"...

And it can happen and does happen to those with Experience in the Hobby, also. Thankfully most times there is a solution that works out in the Hobbyist's favor... But, not always...

I'm not sure why you came to Oldgas? I don't believe you are a Collector. You don't participate in any discussions unless they are about a Seller selling and/or advertising fakes... (I went back and read your posts, to make sure I was correct in my assumption)...

You and your posts, remind me of treasureray and lacie51 when they came to Oldgas....

J
J
Jack, that is so funny. My name is Jerry, and I may not a big mouth like you, but I have been around for way longer than you think. I find most of your post to be nothing more than an effort to brag about how much you think you know. I have been collecting signs for 20+ years. Yes, I know, you have 5X more knowledge than I have, I am OK with that.

My 12 year old son has been following me around collecting signs for the last two years. He must be a fast learner, as he had no question about the age on most of the signs in question.

I think I will join the club who have blocked your post!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
If you block me, you won't be the first... LOL

And where did I call you Jack?

Strange that in your profile, there is nothing about collecting signs... You do have "Hobbies: Gas Pumps"....

Everyone who reads our comments will decide for themselves if the info I put forth on this subject, is information they wanted to know? And that is what this Forum is all about, IMO...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved