Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am looking for some Tydol/Veedol "graphic matches" in the covers... I am hoping that some may have such covers/matches stuck in a drawer somewhere?

For those not familiar with what I am trying to describe? Here are some of the one's I have now:

I'm not sure how many different "designs" there were, but if anyone has a different one than the ones I have or a more complete Tydol Engineer matchbook, please contact me...

Thanks!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you have a nice little collection, these are called feature matches with graphics on the matches.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Randy, I wondered if there "was a correct name" for such matches?

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Very cool matches Bob, nice and graphic !

Doug

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very cool, first time I've seen these.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Bob, got a light?? lol. Great collection, doesn't take up too much room either!. Cheers, Don.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Let me look around a bit, Don... I thought I had some matches around here, someplace... LOL

It is a good thing, I'm not married anymore... With all the cr*p I have on the walls in this place she would be "bouncing off the walls and ceiling"... LOL

Strange how much room little items like matchbooks and playing cards take up when they are displayed... LOL

If anyone has any Tydol and/or Flying A playing cards, that I don't have I am interested... If you collect playing cards yourself? I have 3 or 4 partial decks of Flying A cards to trade from... As one can see, I also like playing cards from other Oil Company's....

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
No one has any matches? Or is it I am now going to have to "fight" with some, to add any more to my little collection?... LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice selection of playing cards.. cool

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
No one has any matches? Or is it I am now going to have to "fight" with some, to add any more to my little collection?... LOL

I'm going to try and find you matches to trade for the stuff I want..... Haha. I'm starting at Randy's house! I know he has some...

Looking for Johnson anything and Ca gas signs and ?
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I think Randy might live in a House like the "Winchester House" in San Jose... A house where there are "never ending rooms" where he "hides his spoils"!!!!!! LOL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Randy's house is more like going to the toys r us as a kid !!!! The entire time your jaw is on the floor! And you just want everything!!!

Looking for Johnson anything and Ca gas signs and ?
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
I'm down so many roads now and don't have room,but Love your smalls Bob!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
the "Winchester House" in San Jose... A house where there are "never ending rooms"

I thought it was for Stairs going No Where, but up!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
It has been a few months, so time to ask again. Does anyone have any Tydol/Veedol feature matches For Sale and/or Trade?

Thanks to Ebay and Noah, I have added a few feature matches to my collection.

These are the match designs I have now. I am looking for designs, I do not have....

I also have 3 match books that are multiples. I would like to trade these for any designs, I don't have... I hope that makes sense? (I would prefer to trade matches for matches, not multiple matches for 1... again I hope that makes sense)

Designs I have now:

Designs for trade:

For anyone who is wondering, why 2 of the match books have 1 set of matches in them? Whereas the 3rd matchbook has 3 sets of matches... In an unused feature matchbook, there are 3 full sets of matches(5 matches across) ...

What I have been doing, is sharing sets of matches with AL... He has just started collecting the feature matches. So I remove the staple with as little damage to the cover as possible, send 1 set of matches to AL. Where he places them in a "suitable" match cover. And we both now have feature matches in Tydol and/or Veedol covers from the period...

Also, I must add that the "sulfur" tips dry out with age... And since most of these matches are from the 30s-50s... At times the match heads will flake... the 100% Bradford matches are perfect examples... both matchbooks show signs of flaking on the matches. (I believe this design may have been the first feature design from Tydol/Veedol)

If someone has a design I don't have; but doesn't want to sell the cover and all 3 sets of matches? I would be interested in trading for or buying 1 set of the matches. I have some early match covers with strikers that I could put a set into....

Thank you for taking the time to look at what I "need"... LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved