Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DOH! Busted!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #426289 Sat Jun 29 2013 04:43 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Small world , It Is!!!!!!

Tunk-Z28 #426295 Sat Jun 29 2013 04:59 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I guess we all wasted our time reading that "open letter".

Shotzy13 #426318 Sat Jun 29 2013 06:02 PM
F
F
lol....Shotzy13 you read my mind. How could anyone fall for this. Looks at the color, holes, feedback, and just everything. This is so upsetting. I don't know how to report this enough.

FennecFox87 #426322 Sat Jun 29 2013 06:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: FennecFox87
lol....Shotzy13 you read my mind. How could anyone fall for this. Looks at the color, holes, feedback, and just everything. This is so upsetting. I don't know how to report this enough.

???????????????

F
F
Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
Originally Posted By: FennecFox87

???????????????

If you cant keep up, just read back Dick Bennett. Not to hard to figure out. Seller claimed to be honest, and now he is clearly selling fakes. I was saying how could anyone think this was original. Sorry I didn't just spell that out.

Last edited by FennecFox87; Sat Jun 29 2013 06:33 PM.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
WOW! I REALLY HAVE DRANK TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
HAHA guys guys...relax.. i knew this would blow up in my face.. Thats my brother Joe. He sells signs here and there but not at the level that i do. No I DO NOT HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS. He helps me out sometimes by taking pics, lifting heavy signs, pumps, and some other things. Please dont affiliate me with his account. He paid for the sign,,hes selling the sign,,he gets the money for the sign. So theres no need to break down the photographs anymore.

It still isnt confirmed or denied if its a repro or original.. Clearly theres mixed opinions on here which is why i guess he let it ride. Plus its not like theres a handfull of these that just sold in the last month. Either way the sign got pulled before the auction ended and hes not going to relist it again, so thats that.

As for my letter thanks. I meant every word of it, and have honored what i said and also took the comments into consideration. I left sencilworks a positive feedback because i thought the sign i bought from him was original at the time...After realizing later down the road what he does i despise him and thankfully got my money back from him.

relax fellas, no need to keep throwing me under the bus loll

#426344 Sat Jun 29 2013 07:36 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
OG,

That sign was my brother Joe's sign. He sells on ebay but not like I do. He has a few signs that he lists here and there from time to time. He only currently has 7 items listed....This sign he bought back in Feb or March on ebay. He listed it about a month ago for sale and had it up for bin for a while. He decided to auction it at 99 cents and see where it went. This sign was bought knowing that the paper was on it in an old barn with other nos signs. The same sign is in the black petroliana book from 1994 on one of the pages..... He even has the persons ebay id who sold it to him which i have here and am more than happy to share with everyone. Ebay member Katste3133 was the one who sold him the sign. Joe bought the sign for over $400.00 at the time so please understand that nobody here is trying to decieve you and also to clear up confusion; no i dont have 2 accounts. Joe has his own small collection and Joe does not sell my signs on his account. I hope this clears things up.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Kateste3133 buys many of his items on ebay and resells back on ebay. Has has numerous fake signs for sale in the past

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Tunk-Z28 #426350 Sat Jun 29 2013 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: redhotrelics
This site is becoming very unenjoyable unfortunately

BUT, IT'S Still the most Up To Date Informative Site on the WEB for REPRODUCTION/FANTASY & REAL items for COLLECTORS, Flippers & Decorators.

The info./opinions offered here is FREE for anyone/everyone to use [or disagree with].

To MOST OLDGAS Members this is still a Hobby that WE ENJOY. Hopefully WE can save some from making costly mistakes of buying FAKE/FANTASY ITEMS from Fraudulent Sellers.

It's your choice to Help with the Truth/Solution or be one of the Problems.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Well that member at the time told my brother the sign was original nos. It looked original and he looked IN THE BOOK filling station collectibles because it was in there. Maybe an honest mistake on his part but look at his other items he sells....Joe has 7 items listed all originals

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Circumstances don`t make a man. They reveal him.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"but, but, but, You guys have been collecting for years and tell me this is repro, I have been in this fast money making hobby for about a year and I think it is real. I think I'll stick with my proffesional 1 year knowledge and tell all you your wrong"
signed, Wannabee american picker

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
KZ1000 #426434 Sun Jun 30 2013 05:34 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Why do you find it necessary to make comments like this. I just explained myself why cant anyone accept what I just stated in this thread and accept it. You are looking for arguments...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved