Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#426046 Fri Jun 28 2013 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
I bought a Gilbarco AM Model 11 or 12, not sure which but I am sure that it has an ECO unit inside. It needed a little work and my buddy straightened it out and painted it but he cannot remember how the main spring connected. Anybody got a PIC or advice on how it goes back? I wasn't there for the disassembly, and I know it sure pays to take PICS first. Obviously since I don't know what model it is, I'm not an air meter guy. Every one I get I trade for a pump, and the better half gives me grief every time I do, so this one is for her. Thanks! Brady
It could be a model 21 or 22, not sure

Last edited by 1PetroFan; Fri Jun 28 2013 02:11 PM. Reason: Not sure of model number
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
1PetroFan #426094 Fri Jun 28 2013 06:08 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Suggest you go the ECO section of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco%2090%20parts.htm

All the places you can go are listed on the left side, each of the places has a breakdown of the parts, find the spring you are trying to place and see where it goes. I really don't know what you mean by the main spring, if it is the large black spring at the top of the mechanism, this is the spring that sets the pressure you desire.

I would also suggest you get one of the Service Manuals we offer. Our ECO Service Manual is just not a photo copy of one of the many service manuals published by ECO, but a completely rewritten manual. It is much easier to understand that the originals plus when I rewrote it I put in the order you would use if you were rebuilding the mechanism.

If you are in need of any parts, check out all the sections of the ECO pages, and also check out the Gilbarco section:
http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gilbarco%20air%20meters.htm

We are the largest sellers of ECO parts in the world, if we don't have it, it isn't available.

Jack & Cindy Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #426163 Sat Jun 29 2013 03:19 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Does this help?

IMG_0250.JPG
JimT #426228 Sat Jun 29 2013 12:28 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
That mechanism is no ECO.

History:

This mechanism was invented in the early 20's by a gentleman, I believe his name was Penn. He licensed the patent to at least three companies that I know of: ECO, Gilbarco and Air-Scale. These companies made the above mechanism, but each of the companies made the parts slightly different, some of the parts are interchangeable, some our not.

I have restored a number of these units, but I have never restored any of them to work, mainly due to the there not being any parts available.

So I cannot offer you any advice here, but I do have some service manuals available. See the following page of my website:

I have never been able to find a Service Manual for the ECO 37/38 that uses a similar mechanism, but I have found a manual that covers the mechanism that was used in the ECO 19 Series. This manual is shown at the top of this page:

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco-39%20parts.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
JimT #426229 Sat Jun 29 2013 12:29 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
That mechanism is not ECO.

History:

This mechanism was invented in the early 20's by a gentleman, I believe his name was Penn. He licensed the patent to at least two companies that I know of: ECO & Gilbarco. These companies made the above mechanism, but each of the companies made the parts slightly different, some of the parts are interchangeable, some our not.

I have restored a number of these units, but I have never restored any of them to work, mainly due to the there not being any parts available.

So I cannot offer you any advice here, but I do have some service manuals available. See the following page of my website:

I have never been able to find a Service Manual for the ECO 37/38 that uses a similar mechanism, but I have found a manual that covers the mechanism that was used in the ECO 19 Series. This manual is shown at the top of this page:

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco-39%20parts.htm

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Jun 29 2013 12:30 PM.

Jack Sim #426760 Mon Jul 01 2013 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Thanks Jack and Jim, I've been away for the last few days. My buddy went ahead and wire tied the spring to the unit so it wouldn't get lost and put it back together. I'm in no hurry to hook it up to a compressor, so I will order a manual sometime soon. My wife LOVED getting the air meter Sunday after chruch, she is very happy. A happy wife makes for a happy life! Thanks again! Brady

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved