Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#429713 Sat Jul 13 2013 01:53 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have a porcelain sign that a friend asked me to polish. I think someone went over it with comet or ajax. It's a little dull. Is there something I can put on this sign to make it have a lasting shine? I've tried buffing it with a wool pad and a very light compound, but it doesn't seem to help....Any "tricks of the trade"??????????

Your help is appreciated.........John

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howards feed n wax furniture restorer. I used it 3 years ago on 1sign and it is still shining today with no greasy feeling.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
Howards feed n wax furniture restorer. I used it 3 years ago on 1sign and it is still shining today with no greasy feeling.

Thanks for the info! I have some of that! I bought some a few years ago from an antique mall and it works great on my old wood furniture.

Last edited by johninlongview; Sat Jul 13 2013 03:25 PM.

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Okay, here is an update:

After using all of my compounds, polishes and waxes in the garage, they continued to fail to polish the sign. And YES, I did go read the other threads here, but none of that worked and I didn't want to put WD-40 all over it and set in the sun for a temp fix. I wanted it to be right.
I used to collect antique radios; Bakelite, plastic and whatever kind I could find. The old Bakelite radios were dull after sitting for many a year and so I bought some "NOVUS" Plastic Polish 2 and I would buff them to a great shine.....I remembered this polish and so I found it tucked away in the garage. ( it was about 15 years old)....I poured a little on the sign and buffed it with my 6" wool pad and it came out awesome!

I'm not sure you can even get this polish anymore, but it's called NOVUS Plastic Polish 2 ( medium duty formula ) and the bottle recommends that you finish it out with NOVUS Plastic Polish 1 ( light duty )

Last edited by johninlongview; Sat Jul 13 2013 03:27 PM.

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Buy it on Ebay or at any Harley dealer(among other places). It is uses to help clear motorcycle windshields that are scratched.Dave Jones

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved