Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Bought these from a fellow oldgasser. Was gonna keep the nicer of the two but decided it was too big for my garage. I believe these signs were made by different manufacturers because they are slighly different. The nicer one was made in Bombay and the porcelain is not as smooth to the touch as the other one which has no manufacturer markings on it. Neither sign is dated. Pics show both sides. $1475 for the nicer of the two and $875 for the other. Can deliver to Peotone as long as paid for in advance

Jason Howard
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Cal-Tex sweet signs!

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Jason Howard
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Price drop. $1375 for nicer sign and $775 for other. Can also deliver to indy add show this coming weekend

Jason Howard
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Someone fill me in on the Texaco and Cal-Tex relationship?

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Caltex was a joint venture between Standard Oil of California and Texaco. I think they mainly set this joint venture up for markets oversees. I dont know if they ever sold gas in the states under this brand or not. The Caltex brand still exsists in foriegn countries although im not sure who currently owns the Caltex brandname. If someone else knows more about the past and present of Caltex, please chime in. I would love to know more about it.

Jason Howard
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
caltex was renamed chevron for a moment then came back as caltex, it's pretty difficult to find a good information about it, caltex and texaco used both marfak and havoline

by the way, nice signs I got a caltex porcelain sign as the samle size as the small one

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Sale pending on the nicer of the two signs.

Jason Howard

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved