Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#44112 Sun Nov 07 2004 01:19 PM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey guys... i don't how many visit Cheese's website... Bcheese.com but i was checking it sat. and noticed he put a link to the pcamerica.org site's forum and oldgas forum. What happened to his forum? When is the PCA site going to be finished? Just checking! For the guys that haven't been to either... you should check it out.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#44113 Sun Nov 07 2004 02:06 PM
Jim Manetta, Cheese's Web guy, told me that there are some technical issues that have to be resolved with the PCA server. He said he hopes to have that worked out in a few days.
I don't know why the Cheese forum is off and a link to Oldgas.com is there. I had requested a link to Oldgas, but I figured it would be put on their links page with several others. Oldgas provides multiple links to Cheese's site and to PCA. The link thing may be temporary until the PCA site gets their own forum and other stuff working. Jim and I have made a commitment to cooperate in the best interests of the hobby's enthusiasts.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#44114 Sun Nov 07 2004 04:05 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jarvis....
I was wondering the same thing, what happened to Cheese's forum. Personally, I love it here at Oldgas and Cheese's site too.
I think there's room for both....Cheese what's up with your forum?

Sinclair Joe
#44115 Sun Nov 07 2004 11:55 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jarvis....
It appears that Cheese's forum has magically moved to the PCA website. I was losing sleep and just found it there moments ago. Now with the mystery solved, I'm going back to bed and sweet dreams of one piece globes!

Sinclair Joe
#44116 Mon Nov 08 2004 06:41 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Here's what happened. Cheese asked Jim Manetta the webmaster of cjeesee's site to help with the packeages that is sent to members and to keep track of the new members that join. and later maybe build a small (no talk fourum) site. in the mean time cheese asked me if i could use some on my space on my site to put a temp site and I did for the news letter. and introdutory to the PCA. then Cheese tells me this guy Jim, got a Paypal account in the pca'a name with his name only on it. and changed the PCA's address to his business address with out asking. then he builds a site ,no cost to PCA. but when I ask him to put the introductory on the home page he informs me that, its his site and he'd do what he wants on it, he has control. he wanted a board of dirctors ot make decssisons not us collectors. well i have pulled out . what anyone else does is up to them. The PCA is good for everyone , but this is not right. i feel sorry for Cheese. this guy is pushing him around. Just my two cents. The Globe part of Vintage-logos is no longer a vender for the PCA. sorry. I eat CROW.

P.S. he has taken over the talk forum on bcheese. as the PCA forum and this is not what we wanted. we did not want the PCA to pull from Oldgas that we loved but to be a part of Oldgas and all collectors.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.
www.vintage-logos.com
http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/
http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/Items_for_Sale.html
http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/misc_.html

#44117 Mon Nov 08 2004 11:52 AM
D
D
First I would like to thank Jim Potts for his graciousness and consideration toward the PCA. I have committed to Jim that I will cooperate in any method possible to insure the better of this hobby. Although I often read this forum, I did not feel it was appropriate for me to post, until now.

Dwaine has been sending emails and making statements that are not accurate and only present one version of the events that transpired. Dwaine was abusive and rude to me personally, without cause, and has been making some very wild accusations, which are unfounded. I have written privately to Dwaine and have forgiven him, asking politely that he please only post opinion or fact, not heresay, rumor or outright mis-truths.

I have only acted at the complete and total consent of Terry Hubert (Cheese)who is my personal friend. I have no vested interest in anything other than helping my friend, who in turn is trying to help his hobby. Dwaine is always welcome to participate EQUALLY with others on the PCA. I would welcome him for his knowledge and expertise. However being acusatory and abusive will not be tolerated by PCA.

Dwaine, we would love to have you, but we respect your wishes. Please have the courtesy to be respectfull in return. I and others will surely miss your input.

I apologize to Jim Potts in advance for intruding on his forum to post this note. I respect Jim and appreciate all his hard work and efforts as a focal point for the hobby. I want all hobby enthusiasts to know up-front that the PCA has absolutely no intention of competing with old gas, but only wishes to compliment it and encourage the good of the entire hobby. I work unpaid and purely on a volunteer basis for PCA at the direction of the members.

God bless all and please enjoy and continue to share your ideas and experiences with everyone.

#44118 Mon Nov 08 2004 01:58 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Welcome aboard Jim , glad to have you in the community.

Chris Holt
#44119 Mon Nov 08 2004 05:16 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
John- regards to the big cheese forum, I feel it is in the best interest of the hobby that bcheese.com does not have a forum on its site. However I also feel it is a must that bcheese.com has a direct link on the home page to the oldgas.com forum.( The best petroleum web site out there.) In the matter of the PCA, I want to let all the members know that I had no knowledge of the emails you have been receiving nor do I indorse them. It was time for the PCA to take a big step and this was discussed with numerous members. It was time for the PCA to take on its own identity. In order to do that, it had to have its own website. Although a few members might disagree in the way things look on the web page it is no cause to eat crow. The web site is not fully developed at this time and is very unfair for anybody to judge a website while under construction. As a member of oldgas.com and the PCA I want to thank Jim Manetta( Big Jim) for devoting his time and effort to push the PCA forward. I also feel that Big Jim is an asset to the PCA. After numerous phone calls I've had in the last two days most members know how I feel but those that have not called I'm letting you know now as a PCA member that I approve 100% what Big Jim is doing and I feel at heart that it is in the best interest of the hobby and the PCA. www.bcheese.com welcomes its site to be a conjuction box to oldgas.com and the PCA forum. I feel sadden that I had to post this hear as I feel this could have been handled differently. God Bless All, Big Cheese

#44120 Mon Nov 08 2004 09:15 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Cheese If you indorse how the forum is
evolving,then I stand with you.Hang in
there buddy.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
#44121 Mon Nov 08 2004 09:22 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
wait a minute... buck just got bashed ??... for what ???.. the man has done a hell of alot for oldgas and now for the PCA... HEY ... maybe i'm missing something ??..

#44122 Tue Nov 09 2004 06:27 AM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
hi kmann, and thank you for your post. this will be explained in the up coming p.c.a news letter. cheese

[This message has been edited by big cheese (edited 11-09-2004).]

#44123 Tue Nov 09 2004 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Kmann, I agree with you! what's with the bashing of Dwaine?

And for what? Because he has a difference of opinion on the way something he had a "MAJOR" hand in starting is being run?

If you stop and think about it, all Dwaine has ever wanted to do, was HTH. Hey "help the hobby" is even an unofficial motto with this site.

Take it some place else!

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
#44124 Tue Nov 09 2004 10:09 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Hey guys, I don't get it. Dwaine is out there promoting PCA and HTH and then he ask a few questions and gets slamed. Not fair. I am with Don and Kmann.
There is always going to be differences so in the future,maybe all parties should leave them off this site and deal with them off line. Just my two cents.

Craig

Craig
#44125 Tue Nov 09 2004 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Read the order of the posts boys. Dwaine came out swinging first with the allegations. What has been posted afterwards is a response to what he said. How about we all wait for the information that Cheese promises is coming before jumping to any conclusions. Cheese, as always you have my vote of confidence, if you are on board to what is going on then it is okay with me.

#44126 Tue Nov 09 2004 01:40 PM
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Just my 2 cents but when I read this post the first thing that came to mind was; "why is the same person always involved in almost every spat that happens on these forums"?
From talking trash at gas bashes, on the phone, in emails and on these forums... one name is always common to the drama.

I have no opinion on the whole PCA thing, I did not join. I just did not see a need for me. I like OG and that is enough for me. Thanks again Jim!

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved