Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#44127 Tue Nov 09 2004 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Somebody finally said it... Always the same person. Enough said.

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#44128 Tue Nov 09 2004 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As a friend of Dwaine and a friend of Cheese I say there has been a big misunderstanding. Knowing Dwaine for about 8 years he has said stuff to me that I did not agree with and he might say things that offend you but he is trying to help. Dwaine has a heart the size of Texas and all gold. The english language may not be his strong point and his delivery in trying to suggest things may not always be politically correct. If he is out to do a job for you he goes after it in the best way he knows. He is not a monster just not understood at times. I know as I am that way also. Yes, Dwaine does make mistakes and so do I as we are human. Just take the time and work things out. Computers are quick and typing is easy but if I confront a person face to face it usually gets resolvrd unless the situation is out of control. This could have and still can be all worked out. Nobody is the bad guy here. After all we are all collectors. I was not going to say anything so I thought about this for 24 hours and felt compelled to comment. My 2 cents. With respect to all. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
#44129 Tue Nov 09 2004 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gees in the time it took me to post I see where this is going a good old political issue. Democrats vs. Repubiclans . South against the North. I believe everyone should respect others opinions but that is just me trying to fix the problem. No more from me. Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
#44130 Tue Nov 09 2004 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S Y B I L !

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#44131 Tue Nov 09 2004 02:13 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Ted, right on........... It seems that we all carry a bag of some sort (Good or Bad), some small, some big, & some the size of a trunk, but rest assured........ we all one! Sure glade mine is a small little ol Tote, HA, Elden

#44132 Tue Nov 09 2004 02:15 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I am having trouble understanding why the PCA is being run by someone who is not envolved in our hobby. I wonder how many times Jim Potts had to put up his own money to keep Oldgas going and would this 'guy' do that? I don't know enough nor do I want to about the details of Cheese and this guy's deal but it smells fishy to me. I can see this guy hitting up all the vendors for cash to be part of the PCA and then more money from the PCA members.

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
#44133 Tue Nov 09 2004 02:49 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I stand beside Cheese, If he feels its in the best interest of the PCA then he's got 100% of my support. Let the PCA become what it was intended to do and unite the collectors into an organization and use there buying power to negotiate better deals.
I had conversations with Dwaine and I feel he's a great asset to the hobby and hope everyone involved can shake hands and remain on good terms. We want to grow the hobby and not let it shrink due to some mis-understandings.

#44134 Tue Nov 09 2004 03:30 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
So... who do you think will go to the Super Bowl???

Go Seahawks!!!!

------------------
Frank

Frank
#44135 Tue Nov 09 2004 03:41 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
2-Tone just likes petro goodies
thats all!

i didnt hear nothin from anyone. i dont have a clue whats going on, or do iwant to. so im just going to carry on as usual!

i do know that if you have alot of TV channels there is a channel that is soap operas alllllll day & night long!
im not at all interested but maybe someone is?

#44136 Tue Nov 09 2004 03:44 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Let me explain this thing agin, I support the PCA ,It was my idea. ??????
Dwaine Buck
posted 01-27-2003 10:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres something to think about , we on the west coast only have a few gas bashes a year so were kinda left out of stuff, but , i don't know why someone hasn't comeup with a (petroleum collectors association ) yearly membership with a card and number , and if the dealers and acutions people are reckenized as members also, then a card holder should git a discount on purchases, and bidders costs , with the cost of a member ship a magzine can be put out evey other month , leting every one know whats going on , if your a member you don't have to pay 35.00 to git in to roy reeds gas bash maybe only 15.00 , come on some one want the job, lets make this hobby a great thing to be long too , it could be bigger then the good guys , or the street hod association , here we go agi n Larry, I need some sleep ,

I had contacted a lot of fellow collectors to write for the PCA plus do articles for a Magazine we had talked about . and it was going tobe Jim's I had an ides of how the home page was to look and the introductory for all to see when they came to the site. if you would look at this link. http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/Cans.html
just nice and simple. well i was told by Jim, that it was his site he built it and he would put on it what he wanted . I had about 10 collectors lind up to write the news letter for the PCA . not all at once but on different events. Butch Greer, Jeff Mc Dannell, Roger Cherry, Dale shephens, Ivan Taunton, Dave Kois, Don sherwood, Ted Roach, Tom stover, and so on, i was told he would ask for Volenteers. I also had through a friend in Kansas, city Mo. to where we all not just PCa but promoted by the PCA to have a 4 day Gas Bash , well I was told I didn't have anything to do with the PCA now because Terry gave him full authoriy over it, he would have a board of directors decide what was good for the PCA not me or terry. so I decided that was it for Me . you guys do what you want. Thanks to the supporters. I still Love Terry. but i can't see some guy turning my idea into a mess. thats it. no more.

------------------
Dwaine. PCA member.
www.vintage-logos.com
http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/
http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/Items_for_Sale.html
http://www.caltel.com/~jlgas/misc_.html

#44137 Tue Nov 09 2004 04:36 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
NO MORE GOOD ENDING!!