Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4440 Sat May 28 2005 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi guys,

I ran across two pumps today in front of an ancient, abandoned store. I've looked at the archives on this site and determined that they're MS 80 top sight glass pumps.. They have the computer that doesn't have the round black circle on the faceplate.

My question is what are they worth in restorable condition. One is very restoreable, complete except nozzle, few dings, no bad rust at all. The other is a parts pump - real rusty but complete too.
No globes.

I left my name/number, but I want to know how(ish) much to offer if they call me...

Thanks much,
Wes

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#4441 Sun May 29 2005 03:49 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WES, MY ADVICE IS TO START LOW BASED UPON YOUR DETAILED DESCRIPTION. GET THE BALL ROLLING @$100 FOR THE PAIR AND GO FORWARD IN $50 INCREMENTS. GO TO MAYBE $250-300 AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK JUST LEAVE YOUR NAME AND NUMBER (AGAIN) AND ASK THEM TO CALL YOU WHEN THEY DECIDE ON A PRICE. FEEL THEM OUT ON WHAT THEY KNOW ABOUT THE PUMPS. YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY AND THEY MIGHT SAY "YOU WANT 'EM, YOU CAN HAVE 'EM!" IT'S ALWAYS THE LUCK OF THE DRAW...BUT BE PREPARED EITHER WAY AT THE OUTCOME. GOOD LUCK, MY FRIEND AND KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR TRANSACTION WHETHER GOOD OR BAD!

DOC @ TAG.EAST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#4442 Sun May 29 2005 06:41 AM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I agree with Doc. When I first got into the hobby I would get very excited and offer too much and naturally they took the offer. I would then get it home and wonder why I gave too much? My dad and I have gotten very picky about what we buy, try to be all complete. I hope you get them and post pics in BOTW.

Phil

Thanks, Phil
#4443 Sun May 29 2005 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks much for the advice! I'll use your negotiating base and increments, Doc, if they call me on them (which I hope they do). These are neat pumps! I know they dont look like much here, but looking at the restored images in the album makes me drool...

The backs of both pumps have original paint/lettering very visible. American Gasoline they say. Must be AMOCO...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved