Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Love the monster van. I had all those Aurora Glow in the Dark monster models when I was a kid. Wish I had them now!
Thanks for posting the pics.

R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R
Originally Posted By: Badmotorfinger
Love the monster van. I had all those Aurora Glow in the Dark monster models when I was a kid. Wish I had them now!
Thanks for posting the pics.

Yeah after seeing that I have to find and watch that Abbott and Costello movie.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R
Some MP purchases that emerged when I was loading for the Gasstuff show this weekend.

52713 002.jpg 52713 014.jpg

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R

52713 008.jpg 52713 009.jpg 52713 010.jpg

R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R
Received word today that early Metro Petro vendor and friend of the show Tom Farley passed away. Tom dealt mostly in ephemera and smalls. I will miss seeing him at the local shows and flea markets.

R
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
R
Toms obit:
Thomas R. Farley of West Orange, N.J., died on Wednesday, July 3, 2013. Visitation will be held at the Quinn-Hopping Funeral Home of Livingston, 145 E. Mount Pleasant Ave., Livingston, N.J., on Monday, July 8, from 4 to 8 p.m. The Funeral Mass will be offered at St. Joseph's Church, 44 Benvenue Ave., West Orange, N.J., on Tuesday, July 9, at 10 a.m., followed by the interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 225 Ridgedale Ave., East Hanover, N.J. Born in Newark, N.J., on Nov. 21, 1926, Thomas graduated from Seton Hall Preparatory School in 1944, and from the University of Notre Dame in 1950. He earned his CPCU, and received his LL.B. from Rutgers Law School in 1955. Thomas taught corporate finance at St. Peter's College from 1956 to 1957. He was elected a County of Essex freeholder in 1966, where he served as deputy director and chairman of the finance committee. In 1971, Thomas was appointed surrogate of the county. In 1970, he was appointed to serve as a member of the Apportionment Commission of the State of New Jersey. Thomas was also a member of the State Commission of Investigation (SCI). He served as a judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey from 1977 to 1981. In 1967-68, Thomas was part owner of the Jersey Jays, a professional football team, and was the grand marshal of the West Orange St. Patrick's Day Parade in 1984. Thomas was one of the founders of the Short Hills National Bank, and a member of the board of directors of Hudson United Bank from 1994 to 2001. He was a member of the board of trustees of Seton Hall Preparatory School for the past 25 years and the Essex County Country Club since 1967. During World War II, from 1944 to 1946, Thomas served in the U.S. Navy as a signalman attached to the USS Wichita, a heavy cruiser. He was among the first to land at Nagasaki, Japan, two weeks after the destruction of the city by the atomic bomb on Aug. 9, 1945. For the service he rendered to his country, Thomas received the N.J. Distinguised Service Medal. He was working on a "Memoir of an Eighteen-Year-Old Sailor; Atomic Bombs, Nagasaki, and the Liberation of Prisoners of War." Thomas had a great love of America and was a lifelong sports fan. He was an avid collector of historical, political, and brewery memorabilia. His memory was incredible, Thomas loved to read, and had an insatiable appetite for knowledge in a broad range of subjects. He had quick wit and a sense of humor that would catch you off guard. Loyalty to family and friends was a hallmark of his life. Thomas is survived by his wife, Nancy Farley; his daughter, Meghan Farley Astrachan (Isaac-Daniel), and his grandson, Aidhan Farley Astrachan. He was predeceased by his daughter, Anne Farley; his brother, James P. Farley, and his sister, Maryrose F. Swift. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Honorable Thomas R. Farley Scholarship Fund at Seton Hall Preparatory School, 120 Northfield Ave., West Orange, N.J. 07052.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved