Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#45016 - Sun Apr 09 2006 04:07 PM Your thoughts on a pump
blacktee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Saline, Mi USA
Hello:

Would some of you pump gurus mind looking at auction #7233534240. Tell me your opinions on the condition and the value you believe it to be worth. I'm finally thinking about getting my first pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks Doug

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45017 - Sun Apr 09 2006 04:16 PM Re: Your thoughts on a pump
warriorgas Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: belleville mi usa
doug looks pretty weathered to me its sure not a fresh resto alot depends what you want to do with it if its staying side its fine but if its going in that beautiful house of yours i dont know just my 2 cents call me we can do one for you that will make you wet your pants or just stop by and pick one out you know where i live 734 461 9908 dave

#45018 - Mon Apr 10 2006 12:03 AM Re: Your thoughts on a pump
thermactor Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
Just looking at it, I notice right away that it's just not correct. It shouldn't have a premium ad glass. In fact, being a Fire Chief pump, it shouldn't have an ad glass below the face window. The globe is also wrong.

I know it's "to each his own" but things like that really bother me. I would have done that pump in something that made sense for the ad glass doors... Marathon? D-X?

Wes

#45019 - Mon Apr 10 2006 08:13 AM Re: Your thoughts on a pump
travis_towle Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Topeka, Kansas USA
On ebay - that should go from $1,200.00 + tops from what I have seen. The pump is a Tokheim 39 short but I am having a problem with my eyes this morning and can not look too close so I do not know what exact model "ap, dp, hs etc" it is, or if it is BCCC or other paint; looks to be other...

They are correct from what I know about the globe and other things. Looks like the paint is OK but if you want a shine again it will need either a scatch and clear coat or a 1500 wet scratch and polish again. Then it will look new again.

Those are nice pumps, and around here a nice glossy one of those with light up works will bring $1450.00 - $1,900.00.

Good luck!

Travis E. Towle
Topeka, Kansas

785-357-1004

#45020 - Mon Apr 10 2006 01:33 PM Re: Your thoughts on a pump
indianrefining1931 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Columbus, Indiana
It never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to spend time and money on "restoring" a pump - and then royally screw it up.

#45021 - Mon Apr 10 2006 06:50 PM Re: Your thoughts on a pump
blacktee Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Saline, Mi USA
OK WE GOT JIMS ANSWER, ANYBODY ELSE ???

TOO FUNNY, THANKS FOR THE REPLYS.

DOUG

#45022 - Mon Apr 10 2006 09:00 PM Re: Your thoughts on a pump
r49th Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: clio, michigan usa
With the time left on that auction, I would ask the seller for more pictures. Those are bad pictures and hard to actually tell the condition and quality of the paint. Changing the ad glass and globe lenses is no big deal either. See if you can find out the reserve. One last thing- you are close enough to go get it and that will save a bundle on shipping.

------------------
ROD [Mich.]

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved