Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#259923 - Wed Jun 22 2011 05:42 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: VW (o\!/o) NUT]
frankpl Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Visalia,Ca
Do you want to sell that historical Hyvis can? Frank

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#259937 - Wed Jun 22 2011 07:55 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: VW (o\!/o) NUT]
THE AMERICAN GARAGE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: PECONIC BAY, L.I., NY, USA
WHERE ARE ALL THE INVADERS? LOL!

You should figure out which ones you want to save for yourself and then offer all the rest of them to us on a first come first served basis at a reasonable set price
(to you) with an accompanying photo of the garage (a 10 drugstore 4x6"), so that some of us (like myself) could have a piece (or more) of this historic "Garage made of oil cans" history. I already see a few that I would consider buying from these pics alone. Just a thought.....

#265398 - Thu Jul 28 2011 01:52 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: THE AMERICAN GARAGE]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
...those Direct Service cans are pretty sweet...

...looks like you have a good foundation for a new building...

Edited by gulfiend! (Thu Jul 28 2011 01:55 PM)

#265608 - Fri Jul 29 2011 09:25 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: gulfiend!]
VW (o\!/o) NUT Offline

Loc: Spooner, WI
Hi to everyone.
Thanks for the interest in our oil can garage demo.
As you can imagine, I've received many messages about the cans.

Here's my story... I have been extremely busy this summer with various labor-intensive projects. I expect to be finishing most of those sometime late October. After that, we plan on sorting, cleaning, and posting the cans on ebay.

More details to follow.

#451037 - Fri Jul 26 2013 05:48 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: VW (o\!/o) NUT]
VW (o\!/o) NUT Offline

Loc: Spooner, WI
I know it's been a long while, but an update is in order.
After the cans have been stashed away in my storage barn for two years, they finally have a new home... to an avid collector by the name of Nathan.
Here is a few pics of him during the unenviable task of sorting and boxing cans for transport.
I'm glad they went to a good home.

#451039 - Fri Jul 26 2013 05:57 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: VW (o\!/o) NUT]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
Great to see this again,am sure the newbies will love it!

Edited by oldnfuelish (Fri Jul 26 2013 05:57 PM)

#451067 - Fri Jul 26 2013 09:18 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: oldnfuelish]
iowaoil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Chicago Suburbs
It was quite an adventure to go pick these up wayyy up north. Neil was great to deal with and was fun to hear the story of the building in person. Lots and Lots of cans.

It took me almost 5 hours to sort and load the cans and I was hustling.

Some of the cans are turning out pretty decent when cleaned and there are some that are going to be for the rust lovers out there!

If you need some Quaker States, Pennzoils, etc to fill your rack at a good price, PM me.

Thanks Again Neil!
Nathan

#451074 - Fri Jul 26 2013 09:33 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: iowaoil]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
Dang Nathan ,you musta drove right by!

#451096 - Fri Jul 26 2013 11:26 PM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: oldnfuelish]
archer2 Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Marshall Va USA
Man, I can't imagine shingling that barn.

#451131 - Sat Jul 27 2013 08:16 AM Re: When a garage find is the garage itself. [Re: archer2]
JimT Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
Now, thats a BARN! Would love to have that.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved