Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
H
jbrooks, I bet there are THOUSANDS of people just like you that got brought into the hobby because of the show. There's NO WAY that could be bad at all.

I just met a guy that I sold a sign to the other day and he had a VERY impressive collection of stuff. I asked him when he started collecting and he said 2010 after American Pickers started! Very cool. That's why stuff has gone up so much. Old fashioned supply and demand. More collectors/demand = higher prices.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
American Pickers and Antiques Roadshow air at the same time in Chicagoland, which I find to be amusing. If I'm in the mood to watch fancy glassware, jewelry, baseball cards, and guitars, I watch Roadshow. If I want to watch things more likely to be in my price and collecting range, I watch Pickers. If I can't take one more commercial, Roadshow: if I can't endure one more Civil War relic, Pickers.
But if I want to know what I should go after in a giant rummage sale, it's Roadshow.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have purchased signs from both shows, Canadian and American. I have not had issue with the prices charged or attained at auction. I have visited the APers Iowa "home office" in Le Clair and was disappointed that there was little of the show's purchases there. There were a few items from the shows but most people bought the Tee shirt, took a few pictures and left. Frank Fritz has a bar and antique store in Illinois just across the river from Le Clair, called Frank Fritz Finds where he sells antiques. He sells mainly non-petro stuff there such as furniture and clothes. There were two motor bikes complete with pans to catch the oil leaks.
I am thankful the show doesn't have contrived conflict (other than the haggling) and there is little background music on either show and shows various aspects of picking (however (in)accurately) to the public.

Fred

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!

...let's try this from a different angle: what about the show do you think is real?

Umm...I'm pretty sure every item I see is actually real, don't think they're making all those antiques out of crepe paper.

That's the only reason I watch, to see the stuff that's out there. Only an ***** would believe or expect the dialogue to be real.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved