Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#452127 Thu Aug 01 2013 02:40 PM
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
does anyone else have the same sickness

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
14,556 members. I would say that's 14,555 more. And I'm one of them.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
i buy and sell on the side to support my gas/oil habbit i wish i started doing the 10+ years ago

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yes buying is not the real problem, it's paying for the purchases! Also in my case convincing my wife that my life is not complete with out " sign X or Y" I haven't even hit her up on the 7 pumps on the house idea!

marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
haha too funny im single and im turning my basement into my own showcase of signs,clocks,thermometers,globes ect trying to build a barn or garage on my property.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have told myself to calm down as it seems I want want and want , I just bought a 59'" mobil shield sign Monday , mainly because of its local history and i wanted it. So I called a friend of mine to send me a check for a sign I am holding for him and he did. All this was just to keep peace in the hen house with the wife , she didn't demand it but it to me was the right thing to do so I put the money back in savings today, so yes I share your ailment ! And I think it is a sickness! But a good one.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I tell you I have really bought into the idea of buy it when you see it bc you may never see it again. I'm to the point my wife doesn't even notice when I add 6ft round sign to the collection.

She has tuned it out.

FINALLY!! Lol

Life is much better now that I can buy without someone I've my shoulder.
I need medicated. It's an addiction. Wonder if I could sale my company and collect SSI?

marky Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
i agree but when i go somewhere i make sure i bring more money than expected you never know
i went to buy 2 signs last night and came home with a thermometer,pump plate and a neon sign too

Last edited by marky; Thu Aug 01 2013 03:55 PM.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Buying, selling, and collecting is fun, frustrating, and awesome. My mom wants me to sell everything and just do globes. But I can't not buy a sign, can, or pump when its right in front of me. It is a good sickness. I tend to spend my money to fast, and later i regret buying it crazy. I just need to slow down sometimes and think. Anyways, I have it!

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B

The best advice I can give is "Always" buy the best items you can. You'll have a beautiful collection, easy to sell, and it may just go up in value...

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
My 2 cents buy what you want, but want what you buy and mark the price down what you paid so if something happens to you your family will know what to ask for it if they need to sell it in your absence.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
There are so many great pieces at auction and online. I hate paying the mortgage cuz I always equate it to which sign I could have had instead. Would be so easy to commit financial suicide.
No cure for this addiction.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I remember when I bought a 6' sign and ol squeeky wouldnt talk to me for a month. I would talk to her and she would put her big old nose in the air and turn her head from me.Id try snuggling with her and she would just grunt. when I scratched her front side she would get a little nicer but I found a extra bucket of grain got her to smilen again. Now I just say a bucket in the trough is worth 6' on the wall!! and we both start grunting and chuckling.
True story!!! Im not lyen this time

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Originally Posted By: Gas sign guy
Buying, selling, and collecting is fun, frustrating, and awesome. My mom wants me to sell everything and just do globes. But I can't not buy a sign, can, or pump when its right in front of me. It is a good sickness. I tend to spend my money to fast, and later i regret buying it crazy. I just need to slow down sometimes and think. Anyways, I have it!

Well said!!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
"I remember when I bought a 6' sign and ol squeeky wouldnt talk to me for a month. I would talk to her and she would put her big old nose in the air and turn her head from me.Id try snuggling with her and she would just grunt. when I scratched her front side she would get a little nicer but I found a extra bucket of grain got her to smilen again. Now I just say a bucket in the trough is worth 6' on the wall!! and we both start grunting and chuckling.
True story!!! Im not lyen this time"

Pigs, when they have a chance to be are very clean animals, and I guess your sow just didn't like you messin' her sty with that old beat up sign!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved