Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45227 Sun Feb 18 2001 10:44 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I am looking for a National A or A-1 pump to restore to Ashland brand . The more complete the better , but I already have the curved ad glass . Also , anyone with tips or specific info. about this particular pump would be greatly appreciated . Any pictures of this pump at an Ashland station ? THANKS ! lennyj@wwd.net

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45228 Tue Feb 20 2001 04:53 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
National A and A-1 pumps are fairly difficult to find. Have owned/restored 3 in about ten years of pump collecting. Seem to be more available in the Carolinas and Pacific Northwest. Ron Scobie is only vendor making anything for these pumps. Like national a-38, door trim is usually missing and impossible to find. Cast parts such as window frames are usually in bad shape. Like A-38, were made in green porcelain and painted steel. Early pumps were available in clockface and some had provision for globe. Most glass relates to brands found for A-38. Matched pairs of glass are difficult to locate.

larry ivy
#45229 Wed Feb 21 2001 09:03 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1545140&a=11714464&p=41663505&Sequence=4&res=high[/img]
This is a porcelain A-1

[This message has been edited by PremoPetrol (edited 02-21-2001).]

larry ivy
#45230 Thu Feb 22 2001 02:52 PM
B
B
Hi,

The National A1 is one of my favorite pumps.
The National Pump Co. was based in Dayton Ohio. I have an all original National A1 with the original Texaco Fire Chief with Ethyl ad glass (I only have one, I have been looking for the other ad glass for over 6 years! This pump is on display at the Beknin & Co. Nostalgia Store in Tipp City Ohio). As for finding a pump I would recommend attending the "Ohio Gas 2001" petroleum swap meet held in Dayton Ohio on May 4 & 5. (there were 317 spaces sold at "Ohio Gas 2000") There seems to be more National pumps & Rapidayton pumps around this region because they were manufactured here. (I bought mine just outside of Dayton). New this year the show is held in conjuntion with the "International Antique Advertising & Coin-Op Show". Visit the "events" section on this site for more info or visit the show website at www.oldgas.com/ohiogas/ Good luck in your hunt!

#45231 Thu Feb 22 2001 03:42 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
PremoPetro, what a great restoration job on the pump! I really like the brass trim. I have an unrestored B-38 which is the clockface version with Sinclair Ethyl ad glass.. Unfortunatly, they are cracked. When I do get around to restoring this one, I may go with the brass accents. Thanks for the idea by sharing your pump pic.
Lenny, good luck in your search for the pump. They are still around and very desirable.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved