Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45502 Fri Jan 04 2008 08:55 AM
32 Ford Offline OP
OP Offline
I am putting together my Wayne 70, when I took it apart (probably 5 years ago)I took allot of pictures, except one area. The assembly of the sheet metal top to the side panels.
-It appears the top overlaps to the outside of the side panels? When I set the top on the pump it naturally sets over the sides of the side panels but there is a gap of maybe 1/4".
-Also I have 2 sheet metal u-shaped channels 10-3/4" long. There are two tapped holes in them that have tha same center distance as the top holes in the side panel and the top. Is this somehow used when assemmbling the top to the sides?

Thanks for any help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#45503 Fri Jan 04 2008 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think you have it about fiqured out. The U-shape channel slides over the top lip of the inside of the side panel. When you run the screws in thru the top and into the U channel it pulls the channel tight locking the top to the side panel. Hard to explain in words but you'll get it.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
#45504 Fri Jan 04 2008 04:58 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
If I'm not mistaken the taped holes are off center, you'll want the u channel installed so that the tapped hole is closer to the top of the channel. Maybe this is a given ? Don't over tighten those four screws as that will start screwing with the clearance of your doors.

Doug

#45505 Sat Jan 05 2008 07:28 AM
32 Ford Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks to Tom and Doug for your help in my assembly questions. Everything went together nicely following your recommendations.

I need to make a comment about this site. I am into street rods and visit several sites that apply to that. It seems on those sites one needs thick skin as the comments sometims can get downrite obnoxious. I have found people on this site to be very gracious and always helpful.

Thanks

#45506 Sat Jan 05 2008 01:15 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Well we have Bossman Potts keeping us in the line, especially me. I'm sure I can speak for Tom also.... Glad we could help ya !!!

Post some photos when you have time.

Doug

#45507 Sun Jan 06 2008 05:11 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
32 Ford,
Maybe these will help. I can take pics of the finished parts if you need them or I have a barn fresh 70 sitting here also that I can take pics of. Just let me know. pumphuntr@aol.com
John

[This message has been edited by Old Racer (edited 01-06-2008).]

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved