Next Thread
Print Thread
#457563 Fri Aug 23 2013 06:02 AM
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Well given the state of mankind I suppose it was only a matter of when and not if, but it looks like I'm getting jacked on an ebay pruchase for the first time. We're only talking $32 total so not the end of the world but still sucks!! I want the piece!!! I bought, or at least thought I bought a very nice 30's Phillips bank can. Yesterday I was going through and leaving feedback I noticed it in my stuff and realized that i hadn't received it yet. Purchase date was 8/5. So I wrote him and have yet to hear back. So I went and looked at his feedback and lo and behold, 4 negatives and all for items not recieved!! I opened a case this morning. We'll see were it goes. His ebay name is carterbrandon1031. Anyone know of him??

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Another crazy thing. I went to view the order details and i get this from ebay:

The following critical errors have occurred
Sorry, you are neither the buyer nor the seller for this transaction. Only the buyer or the seller can access this page.

Yet I have a Paypal reciept. His name on that is Brandon Follendorf!!

Last edited by Steve C.; Fri Aug 23 2013 06:13 AM.

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve , this is another reason I quit E Bay years ago . Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Call e-bay customer service and talk to someone instead of just opening a case. Get a person involved right away Steve

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
dont wait too long, call ebay and paypal there is only a certain window of time u have then they wont do anything, it happened to me but i got all the persons info, you can request a phone # on ebay and get all his info on file with ebay

good luck
mark

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Paypal help center--1-888-221-1161
Paypal support--1-866-775-8151
Ebay customer service--1-800-701-3229

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
doesn't matter what ebay says, call you credit card company & stop payment- you don't pay for something
you haven't received.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Would stopping or reversing the credit card payment help? Paypal requires you to have a back up funding source would paypal just turn around and withdraw the monies from the back-up source?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Kevin,
That ebay number is no longer valid. It only directs you to use on line support. Which is kinda cr@p. I want to talk to someone.

I talked to paypal. They said I have to wait for the ebay case to run it's course. She said that she did put a hold on the payment. But how can that be? It was two weeks ago. Doesn't he already have the money? I've never sold on ebay. Does it take a while before you see your money?

Last edited by Steve C.; Fri Aug 23 2013 01:57 PM.

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
yep he got his money already...but paypal will take it right back. if you hav a reciept that you paid its no big deal you will get your money back no problem. chris

S
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
S
Even though it seems as if no one here knows him, I wanted to clear this up and put some blame on myself so as not to put all the blame on the seller. In some strange way it turned out that I had accidently left feedback on this item by mistake prior to receiving it. This lead the seller to claim that he thought he had already shipped me the item. Even though he said the piece was sitting on his outgoing shelf. Claiming that he had 2 of them and that he thought the one on the shelf was his second one. I dont know about all that. I do know that i did accidently leave the feedback on the wrong item which started the whole mess.
I just wanted clear things up and in the end he did respond to my contacting him and he sent the item right out.
It just seemed awfully strange when I saw the 4 feedbacks with what I thought was my same issue of not having recieved an item.

Steve Coppens
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve, just so you know in the future, yes when you sell on E-bay and get a payment you can withdraw it right away but you have to have a credit card on file so if there is a problem they lock the fees on your card or checking account till it's resolved.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved