Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: man.fats
SAID HE LOST ALL MY CONTACT INFO,

Bet he also forgot how to Type OLDGAS.COM in his address bar!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
Originally Posted By: man.fats
DOES ANYONE KNOW HIS ADDRESS?

An address and other info is in a post that is 13 posts back in this topic thread.

A couple other guys have resolved their transaction with him after many months. Anyone else out there who hasn't received the item you paid for or hasn't gotten paid for the item you shipped to him?

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
H
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
H
essogasoil (Member #15624)
User
Registered On: Tue Feb 12 2013 12:12 PM

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
60 days later and "they" are still jerking people around who they have not completed their transactions with, but still have the time to be on the site....this is pathetic! Once those who are owed whatever get their dealings completed (hope this happens in our lifetime); Jim you need to then completely lock their profiles and be done with these people....unbelievable! mad

essogasoil (Member #15624)
User
Registered On: Tue Feb 12 2013 12:12 PM

canman (Member #14809)
User
Registered On: Thu Aug 23 2012 09:55 PM

Last edited by 1937 GMC; Fri Aug 30 2013 06:13 AM.

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: essogasoil
I HAVE NO WAY OF CONTACTING ANYONE.......PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME @ 1-607-286-4013 OR EMAIL ME essogasoil@yahoo.com..You guys have this all wrong

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Once someone has been caught ripping people off or even slow walking people I feel they should be banned!
There has been alot of this going on oldgas and the moderators need to do their homework! You can ban whoever you want without reason so why not ban people that were caught!
I realize the moderators probably got full time jobs BUT...WE are all counting on you!
Just venting after watching all the stuff going on...Im done!

Last edited by tomzcollectiblez; Fri Aug 30 2013 07:54 AM. Reason: soften post LOL
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom--You're a good friend but I think you're being just a little hard on the moderators here? I would think that its a pretty tough , unpaid position to be in?
There are over 14,000 members and that causes a lot of traffic. I would love it if they were all respectable and honest but it would be tough in this day and age, to believe that. Therefore, I believe we all need to be vigilant in our daily dealings in this hobby and be ready to inform others when suspicious activities occur. Its a good thing that we have this site and a method to transmit our knowledge to each other and to the moderators of this site. They are not on here full time and need help from every respectable collector on here.
Not every one will agree on everything they do, or why, but I believe the moderators need a lot of praise for what they do. Because of them, this site continues to operate.
Thank you moderators for all you do!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
He finally called my home phone and said he had lost all my information. I talked with him and listened to his story about how he was being unjustly crucifide on oldgas His daughter was really sick and he was a good guy. he asked me if I wanted the item i bought or the money back. I said do you have me address? and he quoted it. I thought you lost my contact info? Well he just found it. They are moving to North Carolina next week. So everything is in a mess. Also kept asking about legal action being taken by Oldgas. Seemed concerned....Anyway, I will be surprised if I ever hear from him again. Just thought you guys deserved to know. Thanks. Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i got my item after much persistance...................in this thread a couple of us warn members here about essogas long before any of this........i think he wants to do the right thing, however is to lazy.......just needs to be reminded all the time and it worked for me,lol.............read the thread below............imo the moderators have a thankless job and we should all take some resonsibility in making this a better site....there are many fakes here with fake idenities,, jealousy's, hidden agendas, blah blah blah, just like the real world...LOL.........do your homework and don't beleive everything you hear, listen to both sides,talk to others, get some facts, then form an opinion

[url]http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=63642&Number=402405#Post402405[url]

Last edited by roadrelics; Fri Aug 30 2013 08:47 AM.
Online Cool
I think all the moderators know that they are like umpires at a baseball game. They are invisible and taken for granted most of the time when things go smoothly, but when there is a disagreement about a judgement call, the umpires are blind and dumb.

The real situation is that none of you know all of what goes on behind the scenes. We have been doing what we can with the victims and essogasoil to get the fulfillment of the deals he has made. It took many months to get several paid-for items shipped. Keeping a line of communication open was essential.

The member essogasoil/canman has not been able to post anything without approval by a moderator for many months. Several other member features for him have been turned off. I believe that if we just banned the guy, the victims would have received nothing.

Originally Posted By: tomzcollectiblez
the moderators need to do their homework!

You have no idea how much "homework" that you don't see behind the scenes is done by moderators regularly on member's behalf for free. Yeah, we're like umpires.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
Tom--You're a good friend but I think you're being just a little hard on the moderators here? I would think that its a pretty tough , unpaid position to be in?
There are over 14,000 members and that causes a lot of traffic. I would love it if they were all respectable and honest but it would be tough in this day and age, to believe that. Therefore, I believe we all need to be vigilant in our daily dealings in this hobby and be ready to inform others when suspicious activities occur. Its a good thing that we have this site and a method to transmit our knowledge to each other and to the moderators of this site. They are not on here full time and need help from every respectable collector on here.
Not every one will agree on everything they do, or why, but I believe the moderators need a lot of praise for what they do. Because of them, this site continues to operate.

I whole heartily agree with Kevin, well said.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'd bet that all the mods/watchdogs are/were Blonde when they HAD Hair [Except JP, he Still has GREY Hair]! laugh

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree ! Thanks for all you guys do !it's a thankless job,but without you,well...oldgas wouldn't be here!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I appreciate Oldgas.com and all the time, effort and personal sacrifices made by the moderators to volunteer for an, at times, thankless job.

I'll take this opportunity to personally thank everyone of you for volunteering your time to make this an inclusive, pleasurable and safe site for everyone!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: tetraethyl
He finally called my home phone and said he had lost all my information. I talked with him and listened to his story about how he was being unjustly crucifide on oldgas His daughter was really sick and he was a good guy. he asked me if I wanted the item i bought or the money back. I said do you have me address? and he quoted it. I thought you lost my contact info? Well he just found it. They are moving to North Carolina next week. So everything is in a mess. Also kept asking about legal action being taken by Oldgas. Seemed concerned....Anyway, I will be surprised if I ever hear from him again. Just thought you guys deserved to know. Thanks. Mike

If they can not be honest and forthright in their business dealings they have no business selling anything to anyone. Caught in numerous lies and lame excuses...and then to tell you "unjustly crucified " really?????

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved