Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46121 Mon Jul 10 2006 08:28 AM
W
wmagoo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
The reset crank on my Tokheim 39 is not functioning, the window covers on the digits are frozen over the digits. What is the best way to solve this prob?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#46122 Mon Jul 10 2006 08:56 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
well this can be as easy as some WD 40 sprayed on the computer over the course of a few days. Worst case you may have to take the computer apart. So lets pray for an easy solution. First, take the face plates off on both sides. After that, if possible take the computer covers off(this just makes it easier to reach all the areas. Soak in WD 40 2-4 times a day and see if you can get any movement after day one. DONT BE TOO FORCEFUL! Remember that the computer may have rusted out parts. If you can get a little movement repeat the step until wheel covers are free. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

#46123 Mon Jul 10 2006 01:12 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
you could also contact larry leitheiser. he rebuilds VR computers, does a beautiful job, and is listed in the classified section of this site.

#46124 Mon Jul 10 2006 01:55 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I had larry do a wayne 40 computer for me and was it a mess really rusted. He did an excellent job looks like new. He said it was the worst one he had done. He had lots of labor in that one and he treated me more than fair on it. Strait up honest guy.A++
Brandon

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved