Next Thread
Print Thread
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Need help in locating and purchasing a wood crank handle KNOB and bolt to fit my Phillips 66 small size lubster.Would like an original if possible instead of a re-po.Searched the site and found reference to vic66 site and looked there and could not find them for sale.Used to have a wood lathe but sold it long ago otherwise I would turn one.Thanks for any help locating one.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Check w/ your local OLD STYLE Hardware Store.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will have some lubester knobs for sale shortly. After posting my Tok 340 in the showcase a while back I had several members asking if I could get some made for them. A local retired friend of mine has agreed to run me a few and should have them done this week. I will post a picture and price in the for sale forum when they are ready and pm those who have already asked. Feel free to pm me for details and I can put you on the list.....GB

B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Thanks Rabbitman & Dick! I will check the hardware and will look forward to seeing the knobs you will be posting for sale soon. Will pm you in am.

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Phillips didn't make lubsters, they made petroleum.

Your oil dispenser is only branded Phillips, it is like a truck delivering Coca Cola, it is not a Coke truck, it is probably a GMC.

Since every company that made oil dispensers used different parts, you need to either find a ID tag and post the name of the manufacturer and the model number. If there is no ID tag, post a pic of the dispenser and the handle.

If you determine the make and model number you might find pictures of it on my website. Just go to the literature section of www.petrocollect.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Well the pump handle is stamped Phillips on it and the ID tag is still on the pump. I will get that info with a little more clean up.It was /is still Phillips orange,and it was later re-decaled to gulf with two decals that are still on it now but crusty.Thanks Jack I will check out your web site.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Many time oil companies would place large orders for a certain piece of equipment These large orders might be for a 1000 gas pumps for every company owned station in the state of New Jersey.

I have almost 1000 Bennett Pump Co. blue prints (except they are not blue) showing the specifications given to Bennett for what they wanted done to the piece of equipment they were ordering. These blue prints cover the years 1925 through the late 1930s.

Any given blue print might show exactly what colors the pump should be painted, exactly where the signage/decal should be, etc. Every so often I grab a handful of them and look at them, thinking this is how these pumps were ordered 90 years ago.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Wiped off the brass I.D. Tag and is says "Phillips pump & Tank Co.
Made in the U.S.A , serial # 17079 . Heading to Jacks web site now to check it out.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like this one--right?

Shorty Jones 2 003.JPG

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Yes sir that is it.minus the wood knob of course. smile

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PH-111 Universal wood knob--$8 from Vics
www.vics66.com
888-918-7867

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Thank you sir.I checked their web site last night and could not find it listed.Read about the availability at that site from a old gas post in 2010. I will get a hold of them tomorrow to see if it is still available. Thanks a million.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
This has nothing to do with your search for the knob, but if the ID tag reads Phillips Pump & Tank Company, you have a oil dispenser made by the Phillips T&P Co., not by Phillips 66. Phillips T&P may have made the dispenser for the Phillips 66 company (if the 66 spears on the tank anywhere).

Otherwise, it is a dispenser made by the Phillips Pump & Tank Co., of Cincinnati, Ohio. I have a copy of their 1939 catalog, and the most popular item they sold was oil and grease dispensers.

You mentioned "small size" this usually means a tank of about 35 gallons, sometimes referred to as a "pony", but Phillips actually made a 16 gallon dispenser. They also made a dispenser that had the capacity of 120 gallons.

Most of Phillips equipment might be considered "commercial" as they never did make a gas pump that would stand on a island and be used to service cars.

Jack Sim

B
buzzy56 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
Thanks for the history lesson on this tank.Just goes to show how much knowledge this site provides to all of us.This is what makes this site the best in my opinion. smile

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved