Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lol dick. I'll do that thanks.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
I think that I have a matching red door for your pump.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave the shell decal is great ! Maybe you can use Matt a's removal and scraping methods and save it . Keeps us posted . I would try to clean it up and leave it like that , I like that froze in time , but that will be a great pump to add to you collection.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ryan,,OOOOOOO a door??? I'm sending a PM! That would be awesome!

Travis, that is what I'm trying to do with it. The white must be a primer and is the coat of paint that is right on top of the decal and it's tough to get off but I'm gonna work it. I might do the whole pump like Matt,,,,, or not. I'll play it by ear as I go. I kinda want to do either a Rainbow pump or a DS but who knows! I like original sometimes too.

Thanx for the input everyone!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DS = Duck Soup?

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
No, but I do like that Marx brothers movie!
Direct Service brand.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well, the primer on top of the top decal is too well attached to the decal and it's taking off layers of decals instead of the paint on top of the first, so, it's one to restore and I need to gather the parts before I take it apart. It will look great where it is at while I gather the parts for it.
I don't like a globe on top of these but I don't think there was anything else put on top of them. I think some type of glass or lit up topper would look good but I doubt anything was or is made for them. Let me know if you know of anything and thanx for all the informational PMs about this one and parts leads!

Here is a link to the DS topic with great info from BR!
https://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=461948

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I decided to break out a pad of steel wool and here are the results.

Not bad huh? I will try to get the edges back some more in the next few days.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I like it!

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Geez Dave those lubesters look like they are as active as rabbits, they are multiplying!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanx for the laugh Fred! Most of them will be gone in a couple of days but I might try to get another 4 here soon so, ya, they are kinda turning out like rabbits. If I come across them I try to pick them up because they compliment gas pumps when I get them in. They are also becoming harder to come across so I figure I should pick them up if I get in front of some.

Dave is correct in his statement and I am looking for parts for this pump to complete it instead of parting it out. Good Luck on it and post some pics if you get the chance ABC123!!

I don't usually like Shell brand very much but I think this would look very cool restored to Shell with a glass seashell Shell globe on top and maybe with the Penzoil lubester restored next to it also! I wonder if Penzoil and Shell Yellow are the same shade of yellow???

Thanx again for all the kind words and thoughts!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved