Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#4656 Fri Mar 18 2005 11:50 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree Scootdog. I have never seen a simple topic question garner so many responses. And to beat it all, EVERY answer has been met with an excuse!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#4657 Fri Mar 18 2005 01:20 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Gary, Scootdog, et.al. I agree 150%. How long are we going to have to read this. We are already into page 6 with 75 msges. on a stupid question that doesn't seem to have an answer...... When someone asks a question regarding a part, restoration, paint, etc. etc. we might get, maybe, 2-6 replies.. I once asked about a Tok. 610 and never ever got an answer to the question. Zero, Zilch, Nothing..... and it goes on and on and on...

Sorry for my rant and rave, but I had to say something when I saw 75 replies to this, and I'm about to break my keyboard, I'm peckiing so HARD... NUFF Said....

------------------
Regards ....
Jerry J .....

Regards ....
Jerry J .....
#4658 Fri Mar 18 2005 03:36 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thank you, thank you. I too couldn't believe how far this thing has gone. I posted some pics of original globes still on pumps in the field with no response. And this? Plus there's another one going too! Somebody show me some Frontier. Please!!

#4659 Fri Mar 18 2005 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Horse to water--dogs thru hoops --chicken or the egg-we all need coops!

#4660 Fri Mar 18 2005 07:56 PM
Z
Z
I tried and now give up. This reminds me of dealing with people at swap meets. Sh!t or get off the pot!!!

#4661 Sat Mar 19 2005 06:55 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Well sorry to beat a dead horse, but the question still remains to be answered.
I have asked this several times in previous pages but I still get a response back that someone thinks that I should buy an original pump.
Again I state, I am not looking for another hobby, I got to many irons in the fire to take on another hobby. I just wanted somthing that looked like a pump, that I could set it, and forget it.
Perhaps if the original question was answered, then this thread would not have taken on a life of its own. Who knows?

Anyway, I will post it again in the following just in case someone missed it or does not want to read all of the pages again. I wouldnt blame them. So here we go again~

"I did some searching, maybe somone can tell me if this is the only reproductions out there for the visible bowl style pumps or if there is someone else doing it also.

Also, whos is the most realistic or closest to resembleing an actual old time pump (visible bowl only)

I found the following:

1) Benkin ~ 7'8" & 9'10" (prices are approx. $775-$1245)
2) Cooks ~ 7'6" (price is approx. $599 + $69 S&H)
3)Trip Back ~ (price is approx. $1300)
4) JRD'S ~ (price is approx. $1495 - $2095)

Or are they all correct?"

I to am tired of asking the same old question and still getting the same old answer, go buy an original.

Thanks guys for your responses and patience.

Pump Jockie

#4662 Sat Mar 19 2005 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is one... go to a coke cola website and start telling them you just want a coke machine and you are more interested in a repop than original. Repop's are fine... if you don't care about a pump than just buy a repop and put it were ever. If you want to at least get your money back out of your investment in 5-10 years buy an original. Put it outside... it sat outside for 70 years whats another 10 going to hurt.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#4663 Sat Mar 19 2005 07:58 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I really don't know why I'm even replying (again). In your original question you stated "I really don't care what material it is made of or how close to a perfect reproduction it is, I just want something that will resemble a pump from the house/street"

Every possible solution has been brought up to you and every one refuted. A very cheap unrestored pump is not nice enough, a repo is not original enough, a restored one is too expensive. You say you don't even care what it was made of, but an answer to that was also brushed off. You will NOT get what I assume you want in an original pump. Zip has contacted you (I think) about a repo that he posted a pic of. Why haven't you gotten it? "Originality" doesn't matter to you, remember?

Go buy a reproduction pump and be done with it. Besides...you don't deserve an original!!!

#4664 Sat Mar 19 2005 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pump Jockey,

Why not let this "puppy" die? You aren't interested in a new "lawn scupture" anymore, instead this is your way of "jerking" someone's chain. GO back and read your first request for info. "Don't need original or high end repro", but you don't want anything less. Hell, you can buy a 7' gumball machine on e-bay, ship for less than $100. Put in the back yard and let the crows have their way with it. Please let this thread die. I know that I'm helping keep it on life support, but it is time to pull the plug. This subject is not only done, but "charred" as well. I promise that I will let it die from my end.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
#4665 Sat Mar 19 2005 06:17 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Is this guy for real?

------------------
If you love your freedom, thank a vet. If you love anything else, thank a trucker!

#4666 Sat Mar 19 2005 10:37 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Before this dies (and I really do think it needs to die!), here's an idea for PJ;

Make a visible replica out of wood. Base it on a six or eight sided pump (American, Fry, etc.), the base can be wood, the skins can be 1" thick lumber with compund mitres, make a hail guard out of aluminum expanded metal, forget a cylinder, use 3/8" all thread for the cylinder bolts, order a repro dome (they're affordable), do a super job priming the completed pump, brush paint about three coats of oil based enamel for the finish. In a few years when the finish starts looking crappy you can repaint it.
I believe this pump could be built fairly cheap, you may even have enough money left over to put a repro globe on it.
This is not my idea of a pump, being the purist I am but it may be just what you're looking for.
Just a thought.

Neal

#4667 Sun Mar 20 2005 09:26 PM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I think we can all see what this guy really wants! He thinks that if he whines long enough that someone with a good heart will just GIVE him a "starter pump" Fat chance at this point of the game buddy......Give up!!!!!

#4668 Sun Mar 20 2005 09:52 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Lots of cheap 12 and 16 inch replicas on ebay, wuups I forgot they want one that does not pump!!

Actually I think less than 1 % of visibles actually pump...

#4669 Sun Mar 20 2005 10:27 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
REALLY sounds more like a 4 year old kid in a CANDY store with only a NICKLE to spend !
AND all candy is a DIME !!!

#4670 Mon Mar 21 2005 10:56 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks alot guys, but lets get the facts straight.
First
Jarvis
1)I am not worried about getting my money back. You are correct, If I were then I would get an original and restore it.
2) When I am ready to purchase a Coke machine it will probaly a repop. Do you know where I can get one?

Gary
1) I did not ask for an unrestored pump.
2) I did not say that a repo is not close enough. I did ask if anyone knew which is closest to an original, after all I am not the expert in these, you are. And if I am going to spend the money I would like to get one that is as close to original as possible.
3) As far as what it is made of I wanted to get a little closer to an actual pump than that of using a piece of colvert drainage pipe, a water heater, a 4X4, etc.
4)No one has contacted me concerning a pump (albeit I did not enter my e-mail address either and may not with the kind of hostilities I am recieving)

Bob
1) Yes I am interested in one, just not in getting into another hobby.
2) No I am not doing this to "jerk someones chain". That is not me, sorry you got someone else in mind.

Thunder
1)Yes

Gas pump freak
1) Thank you for the input, I was just hoping that someone out there actually made something up.

I appriciate your thought even though I am not a purist

gasgeezer
1) I am not whining for a freebie, In fact that thought never even crossed my mind. With the cost of a pump I think anyone that even had an incling of that thought would be in for a sad reality check.

dodogas
1) a 12 or 16 inch pump may get a little dwarfed in the back yard, A bit hard to see if you know what I mean.
2) Well at least you got the "dont pump" part.

Dick Bennett

Yeah, a bit older than 4 butI do have a budget to consider, you know, home mortgage, car payment, utilities, kids and wife etc.

I too will let this thread die.

I want to thank all of you for your help though. Your help has been invaluable.

Pump Jockie

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved