Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#46892 Mon Feb 21 2005 07:23 PM
SuperAmerica Man's message hits at the heart of the moderator edit issue. The leaders of this site can't stand to hear members say they are afraid to post a message. Expect more edits as the moderators try to keep discussions on a friendly basis.

Even though we may often disagree on something like the compared worth of two gas pumps, we need to be able to accept that others have different ideas. The fact that someone disagrees should not be interpreted as an attack. Both sides are expected to be able to express their point without negative personal remarks.

I'll post the Membership Agreement again in the General Discussion forum tonight as a reminder of our standards of conduct.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#46893 Mon Feb 21 2005 07:35 PM
D
Daveb Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
I don't believe there is any disagreement on prices for anything. The point that you're not getting is the belittling tone of the post. "Your 176 is ****, if you want something good, call me(sic). I didn't even know what an Ottawa was until I met this fellow by accident. The whole post was started as an expression of discovery from me and a few of you understood that and were happy.

#46894 Tue Feb 22 2005 02:05 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
First of all I want to opoligize to DaveB.I think that he misunderstood my reply.I go by Jack Simms book on values and the ottowa is valued at almost twice as much as a 176 is,just look.Secondly I,and I said I, think that an Ottowa is a more rarer pump than a 176.No where in my statement did I say that your item is junk and never would.I have 4 176s and like them very much.Anyone that knows me knows that I am a fair trader and not out to rip people off.I just sold 6 pumps last week and anyone of them can tell you about me and the way I am.Sometimes peoples feelings get hurt when the cards are put on the table.I simply stated that an ottowa is worth more than a 176 and it seems that jack sims thinks the same!Again sorry for any misunderstanding.No gas junk is junk to me!!!!!!!

------------------

#46895 Wed Feb 23 2005 05:49 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
There is an old saying that goes, "Take no offense,if no offense was intended". I took no offense at sslick68's comment and I think it is clear from his apology that he meant no offense. Leave it at that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved