Next Thread
Print Thread
#47191 Sat Feb 12 2005 07:47 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Just got back from dinner with some folks and had the most disturbing story given to me. They had told a friend of theirs about my interest in pumps, petro, etc and he said "Oh yeah, we had an old 10 gallon Fry on our farm, burried it in the dump a few years ago". So after dinner we called him to see if it was still salvagable.... turns out its been driven over with tractors, burried, cylinder smashed, etc. I'm still half curious to go digging, but its apparently so burried I'd never get it out. Oh the humanity!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#47192 Sat Feb 12 2005 08:49 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
A guy was in the shop the other day and said, Oh I finally ran into that guy that I gave a deposit on that double gas pump!

My ears perked up, I said what pump? He said, I gave a guy up on Black Rd a 20.00 deposit on a double visible that he said I could have for a hundred bucks, then I never went back for 10 or 15 years!!

He went on to say that the guy wondered why he never came back, would have called if he knew who left the deposit!! Finally took it to the dump!!

Just to make him feel better I told him it was only worth 2000 with no glass in it!

Then he asked if I still had his model A parts I was working on, he brought them in about 7 yrs back. I said I would dig the stuff out, he had also left me a Goodyear diamond sign and a 30,s bicycle..LOL

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 02-12-2005).]

#47193 Sun Feb 13 2005 06:07 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
About three years ago, a guy that works with my wife told her about a gas pump he wanted to sell. She told him to bring it over and I would buy it. [Thankyou] When he brought it over and the deal was made, he started telling me of a former dump near his old haunt that had porcelain signs burried three feet deep. He said he had permission from the owners to take anything he found. He then went on to say he'd give me half of anything we found if I would go with him in the spring and help him dig.I readily agreed to that, but alas, a few months later he told my wife that the old dump had been sold and was now a paved parking lot. I'm sure all former dumps hold those kinds of treasures if you could dig deep enough.

------------------
ROD [Mich.]

ROD [Mich.]
#47194 Mon Feb 14 2005 03:52 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
you will love this one!
quite a while ago i went to a old junkyard to see if there were any goodies to be had.i saw the owner when i was walking around and asked him if he ever got any old gas pumps or the old globes that went on top of the pumps. he said about a few weeks ago a gas globe came in a load of scrap iron. he said it had a metal frame and has some glass lens that said shell. my heart was racing at that point. i asked him where is it??? he said that he smashed the glass out of the globe and scrapped the ring. i was sick!!!!

#47195 Mon Feb 14 2005 05:07 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
RAJANIXNOX, THAT MADE ME SICK. CHEESE

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved