Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Smithsonian/BBC Filming is looking for an old gas station (Mid 60's or earlier) for a film shoot. It needs to be an hour or less from New York City. If you have any suggestions or know someone that can help please let me know.
This will be for a documentary to be aired on BBC5 and the Smithsonian's new cable channel.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DO THEY REQUIRE A WORKING GAS STATION THAT IS COSMETICALLY STUCK IN THE 60'S? I CAN ONLY THINK OF ONE 60'S MAYBE EARLIER GULF STATION IN MINEOLA. WHILE NOT TOO FAR AWAY IS ANOTHER GULF (I THINK) BUT OF OLDER 40'S ARCHITECTURE ALSO IN MINEOLA ON ROUTE 25. THIS ONE HAS THE GLASS BLOCK STRUCTURE ABOVE THE MAIN DOOR. THAT STYLE. OR ARE THEY LOOKING FOR THE STYLE WITH THE GABLE ROOF COMMON TO THE 60'S WHEN THEY WERE TRYING TO MAKE GAS STATIONS HIT IN WITH THEIR SUBURBAN COMMUNITIES?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Don't know any more than what I posted. They would probably need several location suggestions since some may not grant the permission they need. Those two sound like good possibilities, Doc.
Any more?

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim, You might point them to the website that has the pictures of old gas stations. The lady who owns the site travels around the country showing dogs and photographing old gas stations and roadside attractions. I lost the website when my computer crashed a few months ago but I think you are the one that originally posted a link to that site a few years ago. If I remember correctly the lady is from somewhere in New York so she or her website might be able to point them in the right direction.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Good idea, Bob. Debra Jane's AgilityNut.com. I'll send that along to them as well. A petro enthusiast could spend some serious time on that site.
http://www.agilitynut.com/gas/main.html

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After Oldgas, of course, Debra's site has GOT to be, one of the coolest places to visit, on the web. If anybody here, has not checked this out, you're really missing something special.

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IT'S IN MY FAVORITES, BUT OLDAGE.COM HAS CREPT INTO MY BRAIN AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT!

I'M SURE THERE'S PROBABLY PLENTY OF OLD 60'S STYLE STATIONS IN QUEENS AND BROOKLYN. WHETHER THEY ARE STILL OPERATING AS GAS STATIONS IS TO BE DETEREMINED BUT THAT'S A PRETTY DENSE AREA. THE OTHER PROBLEM IS THAT MOST GAS STATIONS ON L.I. ARE NOT OWNED BY PEOPLE ORIGINALLY FROM THIS AREA AND CANNOT OFFER ANY HISTORY MUCH LESS SPEAK ENGLISH! SAD BUT TRUE!

~DOC

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HERE IS THE STYLE GAS STATION I'M TALKING ABOUT IN MY EARLIER POST. THOUGHT IT WAS ORIG GULF BUT SOURCES SAY ESSO. KINDA RINGS A BELL...LIKE WHEN YOU PULL INTO AN OLD GAS STATION!

~DOC

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved