Next Thread
Print Thread
#479634 Sat Jan 19 2013 12:51 PM
K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Here are three nice nozzles available for one money. I believe the flexible one came from a Wayne 40: SOLD!!!! shipped.

The Contains Lead signs are simply SOLD!!!! for both shipped.

Last edited by Koolmotor; Sat Jan 19 2013 02:23 PM. Reason: Both Sold!!!!

George
George.Lee@midwayschools.com
701-520-9580
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
PM sent

Always looking for Red Indian Tins, McColl Frontenac, McColl Bros., Buffalo (prarie cities oil co), Stellarene and other western canadian tins.
PM sent.

David Stewart- Standard Oil (Indiana)
Re-creating the Humboldt Standard Station
George "Ben" Matthews 1931-1944
Roy J "Elmer" Maxwell 1944-1972
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
elmer's... looks like you got them. so much for the order of pm'ing

Always looking for Red Indian Tins, McColl Frontenac, McColl Bros., Buffalo (prarie cities oil co), Stellarene and other western canadian tins.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
with all due respect candianoilguy there could have been a half a dozen pms sent before yours.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
with all due respect, I was making the deal on them and then it fell through... all I know if someone in MN got them. I assumed it might be the person that pm'd up above, seems to be a regular way that people post on here. maybe you got them who knows...

I was just disapointed that we were finalizing things and then someone else got them, so I assumed since he was dealing with me, that I was first... otherwise why was I contacted?

Last edited by canadianoilguy; Mon Jan 21 2013 08:08 AM.

Canadianoilguy: I did buy the lead signs but not the nozzles so there must have been more PM's than mine.
My PM simply stated that I would buy them if they were still available.....nothing more.
This is supposed to be a hobby, Who wants the aggravation of fighting to pay money for something?

David Stewart- Standard Oil (Indiana)
Re-creating the Humboldt Standard Station
George "Ben" Matthews 1931-1944
Roy J "Elmer" Maxwell 1944-1972
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Exactly. Thanks Elmer, its not you that I have the issue with, but rather the seller. Its all good... I'm over it, but just find it happens lots in this hobby. Enjoy the signs!

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Being the seller, I can't help but think it is my responsibility to chime in. Canadianoilguy, you did PM me with a question and I replied 3 minutes later. I did not assume that your inquiry was an agreement to buy. It is not unusual for myself(as well as other sellers)to answer a question and never hear from the individual again. Elmer's contacted me less than an hour later with a definite expression to buy the signs. I did not hear from you for another 4 hours nor did I hold my breathe thinking you were going to commit to buying the signs - since it was my intention to sell the signs I did so to the first person that indicated that they would buy them. Elmer's PM was "I'll take the signs if they are still available." If he had asked, "are the signs still available?" - there would not have been true expression of commitment to buy; but he did commit and so I sold them too him. I suggest that in the future you might consider being explicitly clear with your intentions. These are very common signs - place a request in the Want To Buy Petrolinia section and you will probably be overwhelmed with responses.

Koolmotor

George
701-520-9580
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I said I would take them and charge me for the shipping. Pretty explicit and hard to confuse. Not sure how that could be mistaken. Still disappointed, but you can't keep everyone happy on here, which is also crystal clear.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Canadianoilguy, I'm sure he received a lot of emails in a short period of time,as the prices were very reasonable. I sent a PM about the same time you did, about the nozzles but didn't post "PM sent" in the forum, I just said "I'll take them." I think you guys just had a little miscommunication. Anybody here that has dealt with Koolmotor in the past knows he's a standup guy and there is certainly no question about his integrity. Tim Hansen

Member #163
N
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
N
If you need some of those signs bad enough to keep posting ill give you a pair. Koolmotor is a very honest stand up guy and I'm sure he didn't mean to offend. No reason to keep this up. Ill be glad to fulfill your needs and make you happy if you'll apologize to him for the rude comments .

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
its not about the signs

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Then take it off line please.
Personal matters are just that.

K
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
K
Yes you did - hours after they had been sold to Elmer's.

George
701-520-9580

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved