Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Folks, A general question from a newcomer. I've been looking for a pump that is alittle newer than the types I've seen on most web sites.These don't show up very often as they are mostly stainless with big glass faces. I think the pumps would be from the 60's. A picture that I dug up of a Bennett model 2166 is the type I'm after. Today I looked at a few Tokheim pumps that were from 1959 and sort of look like a mailbox design. Very heavy and not bad looking but not what I've been looking for. Does anyone know anything about the Tokheim pumps I'm talking about? Are they collectable?
I have also heard that the type of pumop I am looking for is called a"gulf" pump?
In any case I'm in Colorado if anyone has any ideas for a restored or unrestored pump, I'd like to get into colecting.

Thanks,
Reed

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
This pump sold on ebay the other day. Is it what you are looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1034104970

R
OP Offline
R
Yup that is exactly the style and era of pump I was looking for. Unfortunately it is in Minnesota and I could not figure out a way with the guy seling it for shipping. The price was right too! Any leads on something like that Archimedes?

A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
I'll ask around here and see what I can find.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
This pump will be in my Gas Pump Identification book, due out May 1, 2002. It was introduced in 1959 and had no ad glass panels. My panel of experts has put a value of $100.00 on it.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the reply Jack, The pump has a tag that says 1959 and a Model 455RC. It has small recrangle glass plates on it that say "Flite Fuel" on the 4 sides. Smaller on the sides. Does that make any difference?
Reed

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved