Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: Gas globe guy
Originally Posted By: rvanpelt
Originally Posted By: Gas globe guy
There are a couple white T one piece globes. But they are the more rare ones...

Here's mine, a milk glass etched, white "T" canopy globe from that era.

Thanks,
Rod

very nice!! Not many of those known to exist...

Thank you for the kind words. Many Texaco books do not include Kevin's or mine in them.

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It jumped from $9600 to $16650 in the last few seconds! Congrats to the buyer.. And I'm sure the seller is very happy!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Dang!! That is one happy seller!

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
To each his own, but I don't see that price for the condition it was in.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That is a amazing price paid . I read all the comments , neat how they made a vent in top . Makes one think ,somewhere there is a pair of them sitting in a loft or attic I am sure . Neat old globe.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I also have a very nice one like above picture that I bought years ago. At first thought it was wrong that it was early but Loni Hopp set me straight. I don't know the start and finish of this globe but told it is right after the chimney top ???

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After watching this on ebay and reading comments on this thread and others, I decided to make a few comments. To me it's very hard to price a globe like this do to its rarity that's one reason I don't ever give values on such an expensive globe I can't afford. Globes like this will bring out heavy hitters some we know some we don't. They are willing to pay top dollar to get a killer piece like this. You also have to take into consideration the high end texaco collector who needs this last piece for his collection. This person is a wild card as emotion will sometimes get involved. I myself collect Mfa and if a globe came up that none of us have seen believe me I will step up to the plate and go crazy.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #487137 Wed Oct 23 2013 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You're right Shawn--There were 3 different bidders in contention at the end, and who knows what their motive was??
Does it point to relative value of the piece? I don't think so, but on that day, at that time, there were 3 people that thought it was worth a lot--so who knows??
Like I've always said-- This stuff is only worth what you can get the next guy to pay for it!!! (and on a different day, its a different price) LOL

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with Shawn and Kevin.

In my opinion, price guides are for window shoppers. I never care what an item books for...the only price that matters to me is "my max" price.

These guys don't bid based on what they read in a price guide. They bid to own, that, one piece that completes their collection. They are there to own it, irregardless of cost.

When a committed and determined buyer steps up to the plate then the value will be determined. But, for that particular day, time and location only. Next day same item will price out differently.

Therefore, it can safely be stated; value is determined by a single buyer and seller. Different seller or different buyer and you will have a different value.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted By: 1 BAD ZR1
I also have a very nice one like above picture that I bought years ago. At first thought it was wrong that it was early but Loni Hopp set me straight. I don't know the start and finish of this globe but told it is right after the chimney top ???

That's what I've been told. You can see on the top of my globe where the mold was patched or altered where the chimney was previously. A common reaction of a few when they saw mine that it was a fake because of the white "T". I was even told to throw it away as it wasn't worth $200. So glad I didn't listen to that one. LOL
Thanks,
Rod

Looking to buy or trade old gas station memorabilia such as pumps, globes, cans, signs, free give-aways, S&P shakers etc. from the 20s-60s.
W
W
While looking at variations of Texaco globes, this two year old post by pumpingethel showed a Fry 17(?) with a device that I have not seen before. It is in the general location for installation of gate/shut off valves.

Can anyone shed light on what the function of this item is and who made them?

Thanks,
Walt K.in PA

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved