Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Ebay auction # 151092338119, This is a photo of my booth at the April Portland Swap meet. I do not know what they are selling, but trust me this person is going to have to answer for this if they are on Old gas.
Anybody have the ebay phone number so that I can report this?

Last edited by Craig Osbeck; Fri Nov 01 2013 06:44 PM.

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
nice display.. cool

RANDY
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
They are selling pictures of MY BOOTH WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, AND DID NOT ASK EITHER.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think I'd be on the phone talking to ebay.. cool

RANDY
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's a first if someone is selling pictures of a swap meet space ................. WOW. Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
On tin, no less. Wow.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ebay phone # 1-866-540-3229

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Craig, if you expand the pic of their home page, I think it is the closed store of OAK n MORE in FT. Dodge Iowa now being used as a second hand whatever store. Must be a couple old gassers that could "pay a visit" that live close. smile Rob

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HHhhmmmmm? I'm confused--When I put in the number, I get a picture of a Canadian double with a Gilmore sign on it, and the ad seems to be selling duplicates of the Gilmore sign???
Am I getting the wrong ad?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
your booth looks really nice in all seriousness

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nothing illegal about taking a picture at a public show. The picture is not yours it belongs to whoever took it.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: KZ1000
Nothing illegal about taking a picture at a public show. The picture is not yours it belongs to whoever took it.

You're right--if that is a photo they took at the show, it belongs to them and there is nothing wrong with them using it to sell their signs! It would have been decent of them to ask your permission to use your booth displaying their sign, in their sales ads!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Yes great, How about I come to your place and take pictures and then sell them? And I am sure that you would say that this is a public place. This is Iowa imports that sells gas pump stuff and is a retailer of gas and oil items that is trying to sell this garbage. It would be decent of them to ask, are you kidding? Of course they should ask, and by the way, they are making use of my items to make money off of.
I am not an attorney, but people on here are bitching about others making profit from their pictures and reproducing signs, globes and what ever from there or other peoples pictures. Somehow this is different??

Craig
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This has happened to me before; I owned a 1934 Chevrolet Coupe that was at a show. A company that sells parts took a picture of my coupe and then about three months later I was told by a friend that they walked into this companies showroom and there was the picture of my coupe blown up...the perception was that they were using the coupe to promote their business.....stuff like this happens when you have something very nice and eye catching! My Coupe also ended up on the front of a Rod Run Tee Shirt....I thought that was cool though cool

Buying: Polarine / Red Crown Gasoline Globes and Signs, Early Chevrolet & United Motors Signs, and 1910's through 1940's Gas & Oil Signs.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Think I'd be ***** too but the pic was not at your home so I don't know what you can do about it if anything. Seller looks like he's selling junk and probably won't care who he ***** off anyway.
Originally Posted By: Craig Osbeck
Yes great, How about I come to your place and take pictures and then sell them? And I am sure that you would say that this is a public place. This is Iowa imports that sells gas pump stuff and is a retailer of gas and oil items that is trying to sell this garbage. It would be decent of them to ask, are you kidding? Of course they should ask, and by the way, they are making use of my items to make money off of.
I am not an attorney, but people on here are bitching about others making profit from their pictures and reproducing signs, globes and what ever from there or other peoples pictures. Somehow this is different??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved