Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What was your duty in the Korean War you may know my grandfather. Send me a email. Address is in profile.

Last edited by Oilcanman87; Sun Nov 03 2013 12:18 AM.

Oilzum, 1qt Oil Cans, Gas and Oil smalls, Oldsmobile collectables.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As for my two cent's, IMO nobody should ever deserve an e-mail like that.
As for doing business with Jack, I have always gotten the Information or items I have ordered.

But some out there think that you should drop everything else your doing or working on to take care of them and I swear the only time there are happy is when they make others unhappy!!!

I have an air meter that I need to take the wheels out to re-number.... I got my hands on a eco manual but Jack told me to call him and he will walk me thru the tricks he has learned rebuilding many air meters..... I have not yet had a chance to connect with Jack as we have been playing telephone tag but anyone that offers his time to help another as Jack does is not someone to deserve that e-mail.

Glad you moved on Jack, Talk to you soon!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
KZ1000 #489523 Sun Nov 03 2013 04:34 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
My dad's favorite line was "I'm working on it". Get around to when you can and don't get excited over this email. It won't make any difference or be remembered in the coming years. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The person who made this comment obviously has his diaper full and his bubba empty. What a shameful person.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Just ignore it. Eventually you will put it out of your mind. Not worth trying to appease or responding. He's too far gone. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Hey Jack, I would take the Fools rant with a grain of salt. I know you are NOT one of those guys who the rest of us disrespect and despise.( he must have a Very Very small circle of friends) Its nice how someone can sit behind a keyboard and show total disrespect for someone. No backbone. We the rest of us Thank You for your Service to our Country and for all the information. And if you want to give me the losers email address I can send him a three letter response G.F.Y.

Thanks Randy

Big B1 #489537 Sun Nov 03 2013 06:31 AM
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Hi Jack, (don't say that in an airport)

PM sent.

Just kidding. Ignore the flea, not worth a response.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Big B1 #489538 Sun Nov 03 2013 06:46 AM
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Please don't let that person get you down. Your to good of a person for that . Delete it . Move on ! You have served our country and our community. I THANK YOU FOR THAT.
WE all run across people in life that no matter what we do , you just cant make them happy. No response to that email .

Gene

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
DB said it right - TRASH IT. You helped me incredibly when I first got in the hobby 30 yrs ago when computers were non existent. Some of my pumps were only put back together from knowing you, Carol Sears, Bob Pettigrew, Kyle Moore , Nickey Fox and Jackie Knott. Kiss him off Jack as a child as someone said. Wonder if he graduated grade school???? Rob

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hi Jack
At this juncture you cannot respond to his comments as he has already decided what you are to him and no matter what you do at this point he will not be happy. I have dealt with many kinds over my 40 years in the hobby. Most are good people...I have been scolded on occasion sometimes for a good reason and sometimes not. I know one thing for sure, when people are not acknowledged from an email, a phone call, etc., they get upset. I hear it from others too all the time about various people. I hear, "I called so and so and that ***** didn't have the decency to even return my calls." I always say, "Maybe he was busy..." I've heard that a thousand times over the years. People do get busy, I get busy and I understand. Some people want you to jump right now and others are OK if you jump in 6 months. I don't sell much on eBay other than books these days. My only one negative came from some ***** whom I lost his address and he didn't get his book. When I tried to ask for his address to resend he went off on me like you wouldn't believe. Not matter what I said he could not deal with it. He told me I'd get a negative feedback no matter what I did. I finally told him to go buy my book elsewhere! So we do meet all kinds out there. I understand! Scott B.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yup his small circle of friends are "me,myself and I" Jack. In any service industry you're going to get a 98% positive approval rating and 2% you can do nothing about or appease. I would agree with the above comments move on and forget about it you will do nothing that will make this individual happy-other that getting into an email war of words! Scott has it right. Fred

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I read his reply to you Jack,and one word says it all to me..ENTITLEMENT.
As I age,I am encountering this more & more from our younger generation,and some my age too.
They want everything and feel the older generation owe it to them..damn it.
Don't waste your finger oil typing a reply to him,and deleting it from your email was wise.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Online Content
It is easy to use big tough words when you are behind the safety of your computer screen. In real life, I highly doubt the person would have spoken to you like that.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Responding to him would be a mistake Only cause more problems

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I read the letter again and it sounds like an angry girlfriend, "you never call me anymore" sniff sniff. If not that then maybe he was drunk which is a lesson to all, never drunk text or email, you make yourself look foolish. I'm with the rest, ignore it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved