Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49001 Sat May 31 2003 06:09 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I bought a restored Erie #743 gas pump. The hose is stored inside, but I don't know how to open it! It feels like it is latched but I can't find the release. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I want to set up the pump in the living room but can't figure this out!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#49002 Sat May 31 2003 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WE ARE NOT IGNORING YOU,,.. I DON'T HAVE ANY ERIE GAS PUMPS AT THE MOMENT TO WALK OUT AND FIGURE IT OUT.. MOST OF THE GUYS THAT WOULD KNOW ARE AT A GAS SHOW FOR THE WEEKEND.. WAIT TILL MONDAY IF NOBODY ELSE POSTS.. ... MY ADVICE,,, A LARGE PRY BAR AND LOTS OF FORCE!! [KIDDING!!] SOME PUMPS YOU LIFTED THE DOORS STRAIGHT UP,, I THINK THOSE WERE GILBARCOS.. TRY THAT GENTLY,, SOME HAD KEYS,, MOST HAVE AN ACCESS DOOR WHERE YOU REACH IN AND TURN A HANDLE.. WELCOME ABOARD.. FRANK..

#49003 Sat May 31 2003 08:27 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey RandyB.... Relax. As Frankie says, most of the guys are out.. I happen to be in.. but I don't have your pump.. so I can't help. (would if I could) Do check your access door, reach in.. you may find your release lever.
Putting it in the Living Room?? You are obviously single!!! Good for you! Welcome...

------------------
Frank

Frank
#49004 Sun Jun 01 2003 11:18 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Hey Randy,

Good choice by putting it in your living room. It makes for a great conversation piece. I have my Wayne 60 showcase in my living room and will hope to soon have My Erie 753 in my living room as well. I am married but my wife and I made a deal...I could have two gas pumps in the living room if I removed my Phillips 66 and Studebaker/Lark Dealership signs from the bedroom. I put them in when she made a trip home to visit her parents and "surprised" her when she came home. Those were my first two signs that I purchased.

Good luck!!

TN Volunteer

#49005 Sun Jun 01 2003 11:21 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Most of the pictures in my book show that series of pumps to have a lock on the side. The doors are hinged.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#49006 Mon Jun 02 2003 05:20 AM
D
D
There should be a lock on the hose side of the pump. With a little luck, and if you hold your tonque just right, a small screwdriver with a few wiggles and taps from a hammer you may be able to open it just like having the key. It worked on mine anyway. Good luck.
Don

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved