Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#490183 Tue Nov 05 2013 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Time to post those pics from those back road travels,and pump hunting weekend rides. And thanks to all for the great pics last month.hopefully I can get out myself soon! Thanks,mick

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is a pic of the south side of the Corn Palace in Mitchell, S.D., any guesses on how many ears of corn it took to make this smile. Hope you enjoy, I did.

corn palace mitchell.jpg
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Cool!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I recently bought 2 Bennett 756 gas pumps from a farmer in Bisbee, North Dakota and they originally came from his brothers Cities Service station in the same town. If you look close, you can still see the pump island with the big rock sitting on it!

Cities Service pumps & Lori 011.JPG Cities Service COTM 107.JPG
Last edited by K W FRITH; Sat Nov 09 2013 09:03 PM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Always nice to get some pumps and know where they came from, great score Kevin.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Found a few cool item's the other day on a road trip none for sale (unless you buy the business, lol) the owner was a great guy who loved to talk ended up burning a lot of daylight there but enjoyed every minute of it.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Building on the right is a railroad offload Texaco bulkplant and the old station on the left was a Mobil station at one time.Redfield, S.D. (Still a Tokheim 39 and a Wayne 70, both original sitting on the dock) smile! Took the pic 5 hours ago.

redfieild bulk plant and station for oldgas.jpg redfield bulk plant and station for oldgas2.jpg
Last edited by greasyboy1970; Tue Nov 12 2013 09:07 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And the gate looks open!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
No thief here! Plus it's hunting season. Get more bees with honey smile.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Fred was not implying that your a thief or that you should become one, just that the gate was open so you should go in and talk to them,,, as long as there are not rifles caulking in the background. Good luck!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I did talk to the owner of the buildings and he was a nice guy. His grandfather ran the old Mobil station and his dad ran the Texaco on the right. He was pleased that there is still people out there that appreciates this stuff.Pumps are for his grandkids in the future which I was happy to hear as they are staying in his family. I knew Fred was not implying I was a thief by the way, no harm no foul smile. I did heist many Hotwheels when I was 8 though!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In the pic of the Wayne pump w/the station lighter is the Lincoln Highway ad glass original or a fantasy piece? I've never seen one. Thanks.

Brian

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Great stuff guys,love that longhorn clock!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It's a custom add glass on the Wayne 70 the owner said he grew up next to the Lincoln Highway back east in Pennsylvania and it led him there, he was quite a character that I really enjoyed talking to.
I tried very hard to buy that Longhorn clock he said he had it working at one time but it finally quit and once he closed the restaurant he just let it be hope he changes his mind someday I'd love to have it in my collection it a pretty unique piece of history.

Last edited by Let er' Buck; Thu Nov 14 2013 07:30 PM.

Always looking for Frontier and Beeline items.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Few places we found today

Old cities service station

Gulf station maybe?

This must have been a texaco bulk plant had this logo on 3 sides

Always looking for Mississippi company items, Billups, southland, ride with rose.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved