Next Thread
Print Thread
#49029 Tue Feb 07 2006 06:32 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have this Chicago Steel Tank Co pump that looks a lot like the G&B 33-34 that Wes posted about 10 days ago with a picture. I sent him a picture of it to see if it was like his G&B but he says similar but not the same. Just wondering if anyone else out there has this same Chicag Steel Tank Co pump? Maybe Wes if you see this you can post those pictures I sent you.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#49030 Wed Feb 08 2006 12:29 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Chicago Steel Tank Co. was primarily a TANK manufacturer. While my book lists that they may have made at least one pump around 1921, this is only conjecture. I took that information from a magazine stating that they were offering a pump at that time. Chances are, they were offering a pump made by a pump manufacturer, and not one that they made them selves. This was true of many tank manufacturers prior to 1925. They would be in the tank business, but to supplement their business they would offer a package, a tank they made and a pump from a pump company they represented, in this case G&B.
Some of these pumps were listed as G&B and some were renamed for the tank manuf. It mostly depended on how many they ordered.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#49031 Thu Feb 09 2006 07:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are the pics of Terry's pump. Sorry I was a little late on this.

To me the pump looks very similar to the GB 34, but it looks even more like the Columbian in Jack's book. The pedistal is cast, and the lower casting of the pump is fancy. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Wes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved